squeakci.org has expired

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
NOTICE: This domain name expired on 03/04/2013 and is pending renewal or deletion.
Cheers,
Sean

Re: squeakci.org has expired

Bert Freudenberg
On 08.04.2013, at 17:44, "Sean P. DeNigris" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> NOTICE: This domain name expired on 03/04/2013 and is pending renewal or
> deletion.

This is intentional, the server now lives at

        http://build.squeak.org/

Did you find the old URL on a page we can change?

- Bert -

Re: squeakci.org has expired

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Bert Freudenberg wrote
This is intentional, the server now lives at
Did you find the old URL on a page we can change?
Okay, thanks Bert... I found it on the mailing list, but in my experience it's usually much better to keep the old domain and have it point to the new one, rather than let it expire. IIRC when SqueakDBX -> DBXTalk there was a mess because there were so many references to the old domain. If you google, you'll see that there are already many such links to the old ci url on mailing lists and blogs. Although, since the ci is mostly for devs, maybe it's not worth it in this case...
Cheers,
Sean

Re: squeakci.org has expired

Bert Freudenberg
On 08.04.2013, at 18:12, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Bert Freudenberg wrote
>> This is intentional, the server now lives at
>> Did you find the old URL on a page we can change?
>
> Okay, thanks Bert... I found it on the mailing list, but in my experience
> it's usually much better to keep the old domain and have it point to the new
> one, rather than let it expire. IIRC when SqueakDBX -> DBXTalk there was a
> mess because there were so many references to the old domain. If you google,
> you'll see that there are already many such links to the old ci url on
> mailing lists and blogs. Although, since the ci is mostly for devs, maybe
> it's not worth it in this case...

If it was free to keep the domain we would add a redirect, yes. But it isn't. We'll try to remember to not use external domains in the future, even for temporary stuff (which is always more long-lived than intended).

- Bert -