squeakfoundation.org main site

Brad Fuller
How come there are many squeakfoundation subdomains (people, discuss...)
but no:
http://www.squeakfoundation.org/ ?

Is there not enough room to move
http://smallwiki.unibe.ch/SqueakFoundation
http://www.squeakfoundation.org/

Re: squeakfoundation.org main site

karl-8
Brad Fuller skrev:

> How come there are many squeakfoundation subdomains (people, discuss...)
> but no:
> http://www.squeakfoundation.org/ ?
>
> Is there not enough room to move
> http://smallwiki.unibe.ch/SqueakFoundation
> http://www.squeakfoundation.org/

Mainly because we tried to set up a image with SmallWiki to host
Squeakfoundation.
Jason did the most work, but he had other stuff he had to take care of.
I did not get it to work properly. I tried to get help, and nobody helped.
I tried to set up a Pier image, got some help but got stuck, but never
got any help.
And I gave up.
If you what to give it a try, let me know.
Karl

Re: squeakfoundation.org main site

stephane ducasse-2
Karl

may be we should contact lukas to get some help.
Ideally ESUG would like to get a ready to use image of Pier, this
image would be free
and everybody could use it.

Stef

On 14 oct. 06, at 21:29, karl wrote:

> Brad Fuller skrev:
>> How come there are many squeakfoundation subdomains (people,
>> discuss...)
>> but no:
>> http://www.squeakfoundation.org/ ?
>>
>> Is there not enough room to move
>> http://smallwiki.unibe.ch/SqueakFoundation
>> http://www.squeakfoundation.org/
>>

> Mainly because we tried to set up a image with SmallWiki to host
> Squeakfoundation.
> Jason did the most work, but he had other stuff he had to take care
> of.
> I did not get it to work properly. I tried to get help, and nobody
> helped.
> I tried to set up a Pier image, got some help but got stuck, but
> never got any help.
> And I gave up.
> If you what to give it a try, let me know.
> Karl

Re: squeakfoundation.org main site

keith1y
Karl,

I'm up for giving it a try. I am just waiting for my partner in crime
to  get my preloaded seaside-magma-pier image working in 3.9

best regards

Keith

Keith Hodges wrote:
> Karl,
>
> I'm up for giving it a try. I am just waiting for my partner in crime
> to  get my preloaded seaside-magma-pier image working in 3.9
Cool. Join the webteam list and we can continue the discussion there.
karl

stephane ducasse wrote:
> Karl
>
> may be we should contact lukas to get some help.
> Ideally ESUG would like to get a ready to use image of Pier, this
> image would be free
> and everybody could use it.
I was thinking that Pier should be used. The question is how to get the
current content over efficiently without copy and paste. Actually, it
might not be that bad because I don't see a whole lot of content. Is there?