squeaksource is down (again ...)

Torsten Bergmann
>What could be done is moving to an up to date image/vm but this is a bit
>of work.

Would you be able to at least make the image available somewhere so
one knows about the loaded packages and applied patches.
Maybe someone has a minute ...

Thx
T.

Re: squeaksource is down (again ...)

laurent laffont
On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 3:10 PM, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>What could be done is moving to an up to date image/vm but this is a bit
>of work.

Would you be able to at least make the image available somewhere so
one knows about the loaded packages and applied patches.

+1

Laurent

Maybe someone has a minute ...

Thx
T.

Re: squeaksource is down (again ...)

Mariano Martinez Peck

2010/6/24 laurent laffont <[hidden email]>
On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 3:10 PM, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>What could be done is moving to an up to date image/vm but this is a bit
>of work.

Would you be able to at least make the image available somewhere so
one knows about the loaded packages and applied patches.

+1

It would be great to have a ConfigurationOfMonticello with working versions for Pharo 1.0 and Pharo 1.1.
With this I think it would be much easier to have people with servers that can help as "mirrors".

Laurent

Maybe someone has a minute ...

Thx
T.

Re: squeaksource is down (again ...)

Philippe Marschall-2-3
On 24.06.2010 15:10, Torsten Bergmann wrote:
>> What could be done is moving to an up to date image/vm but this is a bit
>> of work.
>
> Would you be able to at least make the image available somewhere so
> one knows about the loaded packages and applied patches.
> Maybe someone has a minute ...

Nope, I don't have access to the server anymore. You'd have to ask Lukas
or Adrian. There's still the issue with "private" projects though.

What would probably be an easy fix is to use mod_xsendfile [1] to
deliver the versions. That would take load off the image. It requires
sever access though.

 [1] http://tn123.ath.cx/mod_xsendfile/

Cheers
Philippe

Re: squeaksource is down (again ...)

Lukas Renggli
>> Would you be able to at least make the image available somewhere so
>> one knows about the loaded packages and applied patches.
>> Maybe someone has a minute ...
>
> Nope, I don't have access to the server anymore. You'd have to ask Lukas
> or Adrian. There's still the issue with "private" projects though.

It is running the latest version from http://www.squeaksource.com/ss.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: squeaksource is down (again ...)

Levente Uzonyi-2
On Sun, 27 Jun 2010, Philippe Marschall wrote:

> On 24.06.2010 15:10, Torsten Bergmann wrote:
>>> What could be done is moving to an up to date image/vm but this is a bit
>>> of work.
>>
>> Would you be able to at least make the image available somewhere so
>> one knows about the loaded packages and applied patches.
>> Maybe someone has a minute ...
>
> Nope, I don't have access to the server anymore. You'd have to ask Lukas
> or Adrian. There's still the issue with "private" projects though.

How about maintaining a copy of the non-private projects and serving them
with apache? I think most people would be happy with this. The only minor
issue with this approach is that downloads are not counted, though that
can be worked around by analyzing the access log or using a rewrite map.

Levente

> What would probably be an easy fix is to use mod_xsendfile [1] to
> deliver the versions. That would take load off the image. It requires
> sever access though.
>
> [1] http://tn123.ath.cx/mod_xsendfile/
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

Re: squeaksource is down (again ...)

laurent laffont
At least having cron job which restarts squeaksource automatically when it's down may not be hard :)

And it's down now.

Laurent Laffont

http://pharocasts.blogspot.com/
http://magaloma.blogspot.com/