st.redline.core.Symbol class not found

Christian Caldeiro
Hi,

I'm playing around with the project, trying to run the examples, etc
and I get an exception telling that the class st.redline.core.Symbol
cannot be found. Debugging the Java code I've found a method from
BootStrapper class with this code.

private void createClasses() {
        primObjectMetaclass.resolveObject("st.redline.core.Symbol");
}

Later the code does a Class.forName of st.redline.core.Symbol and of
course fails.

I cannot find this class either. To try this, I've downloaded the repo
from master (git clone) and build it with Maven.

Any idea what I'm missing?

Thanks

Christian

Re: st.redline.core.Symbol class not found

James Ladd
Usually this is caused by not setting the path to the redline runtime via REDLINE_HOME or -r option on the command line.

How are you invoking Redline?

Sent from Hyperspace.

On 21/05/2013, at 4:05 AM, Christian Caldeiro <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm playing around with the project, trying to run the examples, etc
> and I get an exception telling that the class st.redline.core.Symbol
> cannot be found. Debugging the Java code I've found a method from
> BootStrapper class with this code.
>
> private void createClasses() {
>        primObjectMetaclass.resolveObject("st.redline.core.Symbol");
> }
>
> Later the code does a Class.forName of st.redline.core.Symbol and of
> course fails.
>
> I cannot find this class either. To try this, I've downloaded the repo
> from master (git clone) and build it with Maven.
>
> Any idea what I'm missing?
>
> Thanks
>
> Christian

Re: st.redline.core.Symbol class not found

Christian Caldeiro
James,

I'm invoking Redline from stic, like it's described in the "getting
started" page.
I looked further yesterday and tried the same on OS/X (Mac), and works
fine there. I'm still having the issue on Windows, though.
Another difference between both boxes (despite the OS) is the Java
version (6 on OS/X, 7 on Windows). But I don't think that's an issue.

I will look further.

Thanks
Christian

On May 20, 6:16 pm, James Ladd <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Usually this is caused by not setting the path to the redline runtime via REDLINE_HOME or -r option on the command line.
>
> How are you invoking Redline?
>
> Sent from Hyperspace.
>
> On 21/05/2013, at 4:05 AM, Christian Caldeiro <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > Hi,
>
> > I'm playing around with the project, trying to run the examples, etc
> > and I get an exception telling that the class st.redline.core.Symbol
> > cannot be found. Debugging the Java code I've found a method from
> > BootStrapper class with this code.
>
> > private void createClasses() {
> >        primObjectMetaclass.resolveObject("st.redline.core.Symbol");
> > }
>
> > Later the code does a Class.forName of st.redline.core.Symbol and of
> > course fails.
>
> > I cannot find this class either. To try this, I've downloaded the repo
> > from master (git clone) and build it with Maven.
>
> > Any idea what I'm missing?
>
> > Thanks
>
> > Christian

Re: st.redline.core.Symbol class not found

James Ladd
Ah - There are a few bugs when running on Windows.
I have these on my list of todo's.