stack report

otto
Hi,

When we get an unhandled exception, we email "GsProcess
stackReportToLevel: 70" to ourselves, from our WAErrorHandler
subclass.

This contains some info on the stack, but often not enough. For
example, I get this:

20 Object >> _doesNotUnderstand: @1 line 6  [GsMethod OOP 251415041]
21 ComplexVCBlock in FinePrintFormDecorationForInvestments >>
renderButtonsOn: @23 line 17  [GsMethod OOP 4689962497]

and I know my DNU is in that method and I can get close. It would be
really handy to get an output similar to topaz "level 2" and "display
oops", which will give us the local variables + 1 level deeper as well
as some oops.

Is there a way to get a different stack output?

Thanks
Otto

Re: stack report

Dale Henrichs
Otto,

Not directly, however, if you take a look at the class OGStackFrame (used by the OB debugger), a sophisticated stack printing algorithm could be concocted ...

Dale