startMaintenance multi user support

Norbert Hartl-2
In my multi user setup the startMaintenance script does not work. It assumes things like SeasidePlatformSupport/WADispatcher being present. I chose a setup where the DataCurator is only the bootstrapped code and addtional users load things like seaside, pier and the like.

For the time being I triggered the MFC manually via gemtools. Today I freed 1GB of space which forced me not to postpone the fix any longer. I would exchange things like

WADispatcher default

with

AllUsers do: [:user|
        ((user symbolList objectNamed: #UserGlobals) at: #WADispatcher ifAbsent: [ nil ])
                ifNotNilDo: [:dispatcher|
                        ... ]]

I think this will work for cleaning the WASession objects. But the part that uses SeasidePlatform with transactions and forks I'm not sure if this is going to cause trouble if I just put a loop around it.

thanks in advance,

Norbert

Re: startMaintenance multi user support

Dale
Norbert,

I think that my earlier mail gives you a good answer as to what is needed and not needed in the mfc script...

Dale
----- "Norbert Hartl" <[hidden email]> wrote:

| In my multi user setup the startMaintenance script does not work. It
| assumes things like SeasidePlatformSupport/WADispatcher being present.
| I chose a setup where the DataCurator is only the bootstrapped code
| and addtional users load things like seaside, pier and the like.
|
| For the time being I triggered the MFC manually via gemtools. Today I
| freed 1GB of space which forced me not to postpone the fix any longer.
| I would exchange things like
|
| WADispatcher default
|
| with

| AllUsers do: [:user|
| ((user symbolList objectNamed: #UserGlobals) at: #WADispatcher
| ifAbsent: [ nil ])
| ifNotNilDo: [:dispatcher|
| ... ]]
|

| I think this will work for cleaning the WASession objects. But the
| part that uses SeasidePlatform with transactions and forks I'm not
| sure if this is going to cause trouble if I just put a loop around
| it.
|
| thanks in advance,
|
| Norbert

Re: startMaintenance multi user support

NorbertHartl
Dale,

my mail client somehow resent the mail again. It is a duplicate from the one I've sent yesterday.

Norbert