startTopaz -u option

GLASS mailing list
Hi,

This is related to:
http://forum.world.st/topaz-command-line-argument-for-documentation-purposes-td4850424.html

topaz command -u option should help to identify a GS process with ps Linux
command.

My invocation is the following:
$GS_HOME/bin/startTopaz devKit_34 -il -u "SeasideWebServer" <<EOF >>MFC.out

But i'm not able to identify the process with "SeasideWebServer".

No sure if startTopaz script pass this information to topaz.
(not a bash expert) but it seems is doing that at line 64:
"$GEMSTONE/bin/topaz" -I "$stonePath/.topazini" $*

Any hint about this ?

regards,
bruno

--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/GLASS-f1460844.html

Re: startTopaz -u option

GLASS mailing list

Bruno,

In what way is this not working and what version of GemStone are you using?

I tried the following for 3.4.3:

startTopaz gs_343 -l -u gs_343

and it does show up in `ps` and vsd ...

Dale

On 6/25/19 11:40 AM, BrunoBB via Glass wrote:
[...]

Dale,

Thanks for the fast answer !

GS version is 3.4.1 but i think there is a bug in my Scripts.

the startTopaz is the following:
https://github.com/brunobuzzi/BpmFlow/blob/master/start-all.sh

Which creates a Topaz process and ultimately run:
(ZnSeasideNewGemServer gemServerNamed: self getSystemName) startGems. "this
start 3 gems for Seaside request"

So my start-all.sh creates a topaz to execute GS code and this GS code
create 3 gems that run the Seaside Web Server. Then the original Topaz ends
so there is nothing to be found with -u argument.

Right now i'm working to put "a name" to all Topaz executed with a .sh
script:
https://github.com/brunobuzzi/BpmFlow/issues/900

But ultimately i will take a deeper look at ServiceVM and replace my scripts
with new ones based on ServiceVM:
https://github.com/brunobuzzi/BpmFlow/issues/899

By the way i opened a PR with small changes to ServiceVM:
https://github.com/GsDevKit/ServiceVM/pull/7

regards,
bruno

--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/GLASS-f1460844.html

Re: startTopaz -u option

GLASS mailing list
Bruno,

You're welcome and than you for the pull request ...

Dale

On 6/25/19 2:51 PM, BrunoBB via Glass wrote:

> Dale,
>
> Thanks for the fast answer !
>
> GS version is 3.4.1 but i think there is a bug in my Scripts.
>
> the startTopaz is the following:
> https://github.com/brunobuzzi/BpmFlow/blob/master/start-all.sh
>
> Which creates a Topaz process and ultimately run:
> (ZnSeasideNewGemServer gemServerNamed: self getSystemName) startGems. "this
> start 3 gems for Seaside request"
>
> So my start-all.sh creates a topaz to execute GS code and this GS code
> create 3 gems that run the Seaside Web Server. Then the original Topaz ends
> so there is nothing to be found with -u argument.
>
> Right now i'm working to put "a name" to all Topaz executed with a .sh
> script:
> https://github.com/brunobuzzi/BpmFlow/issues/900
>
> But ultimately i will take a deeper look at ServiceVM and replace my scripts
> with new ones based on ServiceVM:
> https://github.com/brunobuzzi/BpmFlow/issues/899
>
> By the way i opened a PR with small changes to ServiceVM:
> https://github.com/GsDevKit/ServiceVM/pull/7
>
> regards,
> bruno
>

> --
> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/GLASS-f1460844.html

Re: startTopaz -u option

GLASS mailing list

I started all my topaz processes within a shell-script with something like below. There are some parameter like process ID or start time of that process:

nowTS=`date +%Y-%m-%d-%H-%M`
cat << EOF | nohup $GEMSTONE/bin/topaz -l -T $2 -u ${4}_${3}_${5} 2>&1 >> $GEMSTONE_LOGDIR/${4}_${6}_server_${nowTS}.log

EOF