starting an image other than dolphin.img?

starting an image other than dolphin.img?

jWarrior
in va or vw, you can specify which image to use:
e.g., vm -isomeImageName.img.

can you do the same in dolphin or is it always going
to look for dolphin.img?

i looked through the ng archives and came up empty.

thanks.

donald

Re: starting an image other than dolphin.img?

Ian Bartholomew
Donald,

"Donald MacQueen" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:98uji2$df1$[hidden email]...
> in va or vw, you can specify which image to use:
> e.g., vm -isomeImageName.img.
>
> can you do the same in dolphin or is it always going
> to look for dolphin.img?

In Dolphin 3 (and, I think, Dolphin 2) you can pass the image name on the
command line. If you saved your image as "working" then executing the
following will restart the working image. I seem to recall that you have to
(or, at least, it's best to) keep the image files (*.img, *.sml and *.chg)
in the same folder as the Dolphin exe file.

dolphin working.img

In Dolphin 4 you can still do this but in addition the installation
associates "img" files with Dolphin.   Opening, by using a shortcut or
double clicking in Windows Explorer, an "img" file will start up Dolphin
using the specified image.  You can also be more flexible about the location
of the image files, they don't need to be associated with the executable.

Ian