starting pier from one-click image?

LawsonEnglish
so using the oneclick squeak 4.1 image, there's no default entry point
for pier, nor any explanation of how to set one up.

Lawson

Re: [Seaside] starting pier from one-click image?

Lukas Renggli
There is no one-click image for Squeak 4.1 AFAIK. Please try the
official image from piercms.com, or a daily build from
hudson.lukas-renggli.ch.

Lukas

On Saturday, August 14, 2010, Lawson English <[hidden email]> wrote:
> so using the oneclick squeak 4.1 image, there's no default entry point for pier, nor any explanation of how to set one up.
>

> Lawson

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

On 8/13/10 11:01 PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:
> There is no one-click image for Squeak 4.1 AFAIK. Please try the
> official image from piercms.com, or a daily build from
> hudson.lukas-renggli.ch.

That you don't know about it could explain why pier has no set entry
point in it and why the pier blog component has problems with it.

http://www.squeak.org/Documentation/Installation/#h-5

The homepage for the Seaside web framework is here.

Download Seaside 3.0:

Easy Install (recommended for new users)
Expert Install (just the image and changes)

Re: [Seaside] starting pier from one-click image?

Lukas Renggli
>> There is no one-click image for Squeak 4.1 AFAIK. Please try the
>> official image from piercms.com, or a daily build from
>> hudson.lukas-renggli.ch.
>
> That you don't know about it could explain why pier has no set entry point
> in it and why the pier blog component has problems with it.

I am not aware of somebody using/supporting/testing Pier on Squeak.

Let me know if we need to change something to make
Pier/Magritte/Seaside/Grease more portable.

> http://www.squeak.org/Documentation/Installation/#h-5
>
> The homepage for the Seaside web framework is here.

You could try the scripts I use on my build-server:

   http://github.com/renggli/builder/tree/master/scripts/

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Squeak 4.1 / Seaside / "One-Click" images

Andreas.Raab
On 8/13/2010 11:01 PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:
> There is no one-click image for Squeak 4.1 AFAIK.

Oh sure there is. Right here:
http://www.seaside.st/download/squeak
http://www.squeak.org/Documentation/Installation/#h-5
http://ftp.squeak.org/various_images/seaside/Squeak4.1/

These were further referenced in several blog posts:
http://news.squeak.org/2010/07/23/seaside-3-0rc-one-click-image/
http://squeakingalong.wordpress.com/2010/07/24/new-squeak-4-1-seaside-images/
http://squeakingalong.wordpress.com/2010/08/07/using-squeakssl-with-seaside/

Cheers,