static files in a MC package ?

laurent laffont
Hi,

is it possible to include static files in a MC package (especially images) ?

Cheers,

Laurent Laffont

Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/

Re: static files in a MC package ?

Stéphane Ducasse
no and this is a real extension that we should add to MC.

Stef

On Dec 4, 2010, at 10:41 AM, laurent laffont wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is it possible to include static files in a MC package (especially images) ?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Laurent Laffont
>
> Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
> Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/

Re: static files in a MC package ?

tfleig
+1

On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 4:48 AM, Stéphane Ducasse
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> no and this is a real extension that we should add to MC.
>
> Stef
>
> On Dec 4, 2010, at 10:41 AM, laurent laffont wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> is it possible to include static files in a MC package (especially images) ?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Laurent Laffont
>>
>> Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
>> Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/

Re: static files in a MC package ?

David T. Lewis
On Sat, Dec 04, 2010 at 10:41:44AM +0100, laurent laffont wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is it possible to include static files in a MC package (especially images)
> ?

Hi,

By coincidence, this question was just answered here:

  http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/beginners/2010-December/007398.html

Apparently the feature has been implemented once before.

Dave

Re: static files in a MC package ?

laurent laffont
Which MC version does Pharo use ?

If not 1.6, is it possible to upgrade for Pharo 1.3 ?

Laurent

On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 5:02 PM, David T. Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sat, Dec 04, 2010 at 10:41:44AM +0100, laurent laffont wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is it possible to include static files in a MC package (especially images)
> ?

Hi,

By coincidence, this question was just answered here:

 http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/beginners/2010-December/007398.html

Apparently the feature has been implemented once before.

Dave

Re: static files in a MC package ?

Stéphane Ducasse
The problem is not that we simply ignore what keith did.
This is that the implications were not clear and that the code was not simple.
So cleaning MC progressively is the only way to be able to later improve it.

Stef

> Which MC version does Pharo use ?
>
> If not 1.6, is it possible to upgrade for Pharo 1.3 ?
>
> Laurent
>
> On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 5:02 PM, David T. Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 04, 2010 at 10:41:44AM +0100, laurent laffont wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > is it possible to include static files in a MC package (especially images)
> > ?
>
> Hi,
>
> By coincidence, this question was just answered here:
>
>  http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/beginners/2010-December/007398.html
>
> Apparently the feature has been implemented once before.
>
> Dave

Re: static files in a MC package ?

Mariano Martinez Peck
Laurent: maybe we should create an issue (and link to david's link) at least not to forget.

cheers

Mariano