statically linked MSVCR win VM

Christian Haider
Happy new year to all!

Just want to check the status of the statically linked win VM issue.

Has Cincom made any decision?

Are there new insights or views on the issue?

It seems that I am now stuck on 7.8.1. What is the perspective?

All the best,

                Christian

winmail.dat (4K) Download Attachment

Re: statically linked MSVCR win VM

Andres Valloud-6
We're working on it, don't worry about it :).

On 1/22/13 1:05 AM, Christian Haider wrote:

> Happy new year to all!
>
> Just want to check the status of the statically linked win VM issue.
>
> Has Cincom made any decision?
>
> Are there new insights or views on the issue?
>
> It seems that I am now stuck on 7.8.1. What is the perspective?
>
> All the best,
>
>                  Christian

Re: statically linked MSVCR win VM

Steven Kelly
Working on making the statically linked VM, or working on making the
decision?

Cheers,
Steve

Andres Valloud wrote:

> We're working on it, don't worry about it :).
>
> On 1/22/13 1:05 AM, Christian Haider wrote:
> > Happy new year to all!
> >
> > Just want to check the status of the statically linked win VM issue.
> >
> > Has Cincom made any decision?
> >
> > Are there new insights or views on the issue?
> >
> > It seems that I am now stuck on 7.8.1. What is the perspective?
> >
> > All the best,
> >
> >                  Christian

Re: statically linked MSVCR win VM

Henrik Høyer
6 months since the issue is brought to your attention,  and your reply is "We're working on it"

No mention of the coming solution
No ETA

....is this really the best Cincom can do?

--
Henrik Høyer
Chief Software Architect

We're working on it, don't worry about it :).

On 1/22/13 1:05 AM, Christian Haider wrote:

> Happy new year to all!
>
> Just want to check the status of the statically linked win VM issue.
>
> Has Cincom made any decision?
>
> Are there new insights or views on the issue?
>
> It seems that I am now stuck on 7.8.1. What is the perspective?
>
> All the best,
>
>                  Christian

Re: statically linked MSVCR win VM

Andres Valloud-6
No, doing the due diligence to make the VMs statically linked.

On 1/22/13 7:12 AM, Steven Kelly wrote:

> Working on making the statically linked VM, or working on making the
> decision?
>
> Cheers,
> Steve
>
> Andres Valloud wrote:
>>
>> We're working on it, don't worry about it :).
>>
>> On 1/22/13 1:05 AM, Christian Haider wrote:
>>> Happy new year to all!
>>>
>>> Just want to check the status of the statically linked win VM issue.
>>>
>>> Has Cincom made any decision?
>>>
>>> Are there new insights or views on the issue?
>>>
>>> It seems that I am now stuck on 7.8.1. What is the perspective?
>>>
>>> All the best,
>>>
>>>                   Christian

Re: statically linked MSVCR win VM

Andres Valloud-6
Yes, it's not the only thing we're working on :).  We'd like to get it
done soon and in time for 7.10.

On 1/22/13 7:30 AM, Henrik Høyer wrote:

> 6 months since the issue is brought to your attention,  and your reply is "We're working on it"
>
> No mention of the coming solution
> No ETA
>
> ....is this really the best Cincom can do?
>
> --
> Henrik Høyer
> Chief Software Architect
> [hidden email] * (+45) 4029 2092
> Tigervej 27 * 4600 Køge
> www.sPeople.dk * (+45) 7023 7775

FYI we almost integrated the change today, but in the process of
verifying it was working correctly we found an unrelated bug that is
(sometimes but not always) exposed by statically linking the CRT.  So
now we will have to fix another AR before we can try statically linking
the CRT again.

On 1/22/13 11:05 AM, Andres Valloud wrote:

> Yes, it's not the only thing we're working on :).  We'd like to get it
> done soon and in time for 7.10.
>
> On 1/22/13 7:30 AM, Henrik Høyer wrote:
>> 6 months since the issue is brought to your attention,  and your reply
>> is "We're working on it"
>>
>> No mention of the coming solution
>> No ETA
>>
>> ....is this really the best Cincom can do?
>>
>> --
>> Henrik Høyer
>> Chief Software Architect
>> [hidden email] * (+45) 4029 2092
>> Tigervej 27 * 4600 Køge
>> www.sPeople.dk * (+45) 7023 7775

Thanks Andres, we really appreciate your work and the information on its progress!

All the best,
Steve

FYI we almost integrated the change today, but in the process of
verifying it was working correctly we found an unrelated bug that is
(sometimes but not always) exposed by statically linking the CRT.  So
now we will have to fix another AR before we can try statically linking
the CRT again.

On 1/22/13 11:05 AM, Andres Valloud wrote:

> Yes, it's not the only thing we're working on :).  We'd like to get it
> done soon and in time for 7.10.
>
> On 1/22/13 7:30 AM, Henrik Høyer wrote:
>> 6 months since the issue is brought to your attention,  and your reply
>> is "We're working on it"
>>
>> No mention of the coming solution
>> No ETA
>>
>> ....is this really the best Cincom can do?
>>
>> --
>> Henrik Høyer
>> Chief Software Architect
>> [hidden email] * (+45) 4029 2092
>> Tigervej 27 * 4600 Køge
>> www.sPeople.dk * (+45) 7023 7775

The fix for the bug is already in for next week's build.  If all goes
well, we will also be able to include the change for the statically
linked CRT.  We'll see...

On 1/25/13 12:02 AM, Steven Kelly wrote:

> Thanks Andres, we really appreciate your work and the information on its
> progress!
> All the best,
> Steve

Ok, so in the latest build we statically linked the CRT to the VM on
Windows.