status

David Farber
Hi all -- just wanted to let you all know what i'm doing.

* i did manage to land a job with Object Mentor.
* as i posted back in November, i've got all the unit tests running in
squeak, but i still can't bring a site up. obviously, since all the tests
are running, we are missing some coverage. i spent a couple of days trying
to figure out what was going on, but i eventually gave up. i suspect that
if Ken and i were to pair on the problem, we could knock it out with out
much problem. so this would be task #1 next time we get together as a team.
* i've discovered that squeak currently can't listen to a specific ip
address, which pretty much means i wouldn't be able to use swazoo to do
what i want. i could probably fix this, but its more work than i am
interested in doing right now.
* for the above two reasons, plus the fact i've got more stuff to work on
than i have time, i am not actively working on swazoo.
* i would *definitely* be interested in spending another Camp Smalltalk
week working on swazoo, but no one seems to be planning a "coding", San
Diego style CS here in the US.

david

--
David Farber

Re: status

Joseph Bacanskas-2
David:

I know some heavy duty Squeakers, do you want me to ask one of them to look over
the code and comment?  I'd offer to do it myself, with my copious free
time(he-he-he), but I am Squeak ignorant.

David Farber wrote:

> Hi all -- just wanted to let you all know what i'm doing.
>

> * i did manage to land a job with Object Mentor.
>
> * as i posted back in November, i've got all the unit tests running in
>
> squeak, but i still can't bring a site up. obviously, since all the tests
>
> are running, we are missing some coverage. i spent a couple of days trying
>
> to figure out what was going on, but i eventually gave up. i suspect that
>
> if Ken and i were to pair on the problem, we could knock it out with out
>
> much problem. so this would be task #1 next time we get together as a team.
>
> * i've discovered that squeak currently can't listen to a specific ip
>
> address, which pretty much means i wouldn't be able to use swazoo to do
>
> what i want. i could probably fix this, but its more work than i am
>
> interested in doing right now.
>
> * for the above two reasons, plus the fact i've got more stuff to work on
>
> than i have time, i am not actively working on swazoo.
>
> * i would *definitely* be interested in spending another Camp Smalltalk
>
> week working on swazoo, but no one seems to be planning a "coding", San
>
> Diego style CS here in the US.
>

> david
>

> --
>
> David Farber

Thanks!!

Joseph Bacanskas [|]
Software Engineer, Smalltalk
GemStone Systems, Inc. - a Brokat company