statusbar in glamour

Tudor Girba
Hi,

I added a new feature in Glamour: the ability to add a status bar that
displays a simple label for some object. At the moment it only works
by default with Mondrian views, but it could have further usages.

To use it all you have to do is to send withStatusbar instead of new
to your browser. This will create a fix size pane at the bottom called
#'_statusbar'. By default, there is a transmission from the #status
port of each regular pane to this one, and so every time you populate
a port called #status in your pane, a text representation will appear
in the status bar.

You can find a simple example for Mondrian here:
GLMBasicExamples new mondrianPainting openOn: 100

I also added a small extension, MOViewRenderer>>openWithStatusbar,
that lets you spawn any Mondrian view with a status bar below.

There will be some more developments in this area, but the basic idea
is implemented.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Problem solving efficiency grows with the abstractness level of
problem understanding."

Re: statusbar in glamour

Alexandre Bergel
Really cool!!