storing binary file contents in a method?

J G

storing binary file contents in a method?

J G
I have to store entire contents of a binary file into a method so that I can reproduce the file later. Now I do this manually however I remember there is some existing way to do this but I can't recall it.
Any suggestions please?

Best Regards,

Jim G

Re: storing binary file contents in a method?

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)

Jim,

If you need to use this functionality a fair bit, Assets and Assets-IDE packages should come in handy. Your subclass of Assets can ‘sync’ a directory, but you may need to define additional #import_extension:’s to call #importBytes: on itself.

Hope this helps,

-Boris

Re: storing binary file contents in a method?

Alan Knight-2
Take a look at the Assets package.

_______________________________________________ vwnc mailing list [hidden email] http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/vwnc

--
Alan Knight [|], Engineering Manager, Cincom Smalltalk
http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com

J G