streaming server for Squeak

Chris Muller-4
I'd like to use Comet in Squeak, but the documentation for getting a
"streaming server" has gotten out of date.  What is currently the
proper way to do this in Seaside 3.2 for Squeak 5?

Re: streaming server for Squeak

Philippe Marschall
On Sun, Nov 8, 2015 at 10:58 PM, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'd like to use Comet in Squeak, but the documentation for getting a
> "streaming server" has gotten out of date.

Streaming and Comet in Seaside terminology are two different concepts.
Streaming refers to sending part of the response as you're generating
it. Comet is the precursor to Server Sent Events or WebSockets.

> What is currently the
> proper way to do this in Seaside 3.2 for Squeak 5?

AFAIK this was only ever implemented for Comanche/Kom
AFAIK the implementation is a bit hairy, AFAIK it does:

thisContext swapSender: nil

I wouldn't describe this code production ready.

Cheers
Philippe