stripiping question

Martin Rubi
How can I mark a class as 'must not strip' ?
And what about marking a whole package as 'don't strip any class from this
package' ?

thanks in advance
martin

Re: stripiping question

Udo Schneider
Martin Rubi wrote:
> How can I mark a class as 'must not strip' ?
> And what about marking a whole package as 'don't strip any class from this
> package' ?
I'm sure these are not the only ways but they do work for me:

Classes

I create a class method in a package I want to deploy (I normally take
the SessionManager) and put refernces to these classes in it. E.g.:
MySessionManager class>>mustNotStripClasses
   MyClass1.
   MyClass2.
   MyClass3.

I normally also put this method in the "must not strip" method category.

Packages

If Packages are not already referenced from my deployment package I
usually add them to the "Manual Prerequsites" property of the package.

Hope this helps.

CU,

Udo

Re: stripiping question

Martin Rubi
Udo, thanks for your answer.
For the moment I will make a script to create a method called
#mustNotStripClasses to hold all the classes of a target package, as you
suggested, and run the script in the pre-strip script. However, I would
thank any information on less verbose ways to do this.

thanks again
best regards
martin

"Udo Schneider" <[hidden email]> escribió en el mensaje
news:[hidden email]...
> Martin Rubi wrote:
> > How can I mark a class as 'must not strip' ?
> > And what about marking a whole package as 'don't strip any class from
this

> > package' ?
> I'm sure these are not the only ways but they do work for me:
>
> Classes
>
> I create a class method in a package I want to deploy (I normally take
> the SessionManager) and put refernces to these classes in it. E.g.:
> MySessionManager class>>mustNotStripClasses
>    MyClass1.
>    MyClass2.
>    MyClass3.
>
> I normally also put this method in the "must not strip" method category.
>

> Packages
>
> If Packages are not already referenced from my deployment package I
> usually add them to the "Manual Prerequsites" property of the package.
>

> Hope this helps.
>
> CU,
>
> Udo

Re: stripiping question

Martin Rubi
Ok, forget what I've asked, subclassing ImageStripper and adding my own
#requiredClasses seems easy enough.
Sorry

regards
martin