stupid but very intrigued question

EstebanLM
Hi,
I was downloading a new pharo-core image (to load some iphone
development tools into it), and I see the pharo-core alpha for 1.1...
and the image size diference is SO BIG, that I wonder why...
What is droped to get an image so small?

Cheers,
Esteban

Re: stupid but very intrigued question

Stéphane Ducasse
I have
        rc1 size => 11.3 mb
        1.1a (11031)=>11.5 mb

so don't you have the same?

Stef

On Nov 5, 2009, at 12:38 AM, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:

> Hi,
> I was downloading a new pharo-core image (to load some iphone
> development tools into it), and I see the pharo-core alpha for 1.1...
> and the image size diference is SO BIG, that I wonder why...
> What is droped to get an image so small?
>
> Cheers,
> Esteban

Re: stupid but very intrigued question

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 9:32 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have
       rc1 size => 11.3 mb
       1.1a (11031)=>11.5 mb

so don't you have the same?

Maybe Esteban was confused (as I was too) because in the inria website the image is zipped. It says:

PharoCore-1.1-11011-alpha.zip
5.09 MB

But...if you uncompress the zip you have an aprox. 11mb image

Cheers

Mariano