style: not supported for table headers (canvas api)?

style: not supported for table headers (canvas api)?

Rick Flower
I tried using the following and got a DNU for it :

html tableHeading: 'Inventory on-hand'; style: 'text-align: right'.

Is this just missing in the Canvas API or in general?  In this case, I'm
using the Canvas API.  If it helps, I'm using Seaside 2.6b1.43.0.

-- Rick

RE: style: not supported for table headers (canvas api)?

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
(html tableHeading)
 style: 'text-align: right';
 with: 'Inventory'

or

(html tableHeading)
 style: 'text-align: right';
 with: [html text: 'Inventory']

Basically #with: has to be at the end to close the tag, before then you
can do anything you want to it.

Cheers!

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322
DeepCove Labs Ltd.

[hidden email]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

attachments.

Thank you.

Boris Popov wrote:

> (html tableHeading)
>  style: 'text-align: right';
>  with: 'Inventory'
>
> or
>
> (html tableHeading)
>  style: 'text-align: right';
>  with: [html text: 'Inventory']
>
> Basically #with: has to be at the end to close the tag, before then you
> can do anything you want to it.

Thanks Boris -- using the method I indicated, is that using an implied
"with:" of sorts?  I hadn't really given that much of a though since I
wasn't using "with:" directly..

RE: style: not supported for table headers (canvas api)?

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
Yup. The shortcut methods just do,

tag: aBlock
 self tag with: aBlock

or specifically in your case,

tableHeading: aBlock
 self tableHeading with: aBlock

Cheers!

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322
DeepCove Labs Ltd.

[hidden email]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

attachments.

Thank you.

> Basically #with: has to be at the end to close the tag, before then
you
> can do anything you want to it.

Thanks Boris -- using the method I indicated, is that using an implied
"with:" of sorts?  I hadn't really given that much of a though since I
wasn't using "with:" directly..

Re: style: not supported for table headers (canvas api)?

Avi  Bryant

On Oct 20, 2006, at 1:40 PM, Rick Flower wrote:

> Thanks Boris -- using the method I indicated, is that using an
> implied "with:" of sorts?  I hadn't really given that much of a
> though since I wasn't using "with:" directly..

Right, (html tableHeading: 'foo') is just shorthand for (html
tableHeading with: 'foo').  If you're going to send any other
messages to the tag, you can't use that shorthand.

Avi

Re: style: not supported for table headers (canvas api)?

Yann Monclair-2

Yann Monclair wrote:

> WAHtmlCanvas>>tableHeading: aBlock
>     self tableHeading with: aBlock
>
> yes it's an implicit #with: , probably a faster way to do it, if you
> don't have anything else to specify. I personally never use it. I rather
> send with myself, since it's sent anyway ;)

Thanks everyone.. I guess I learned my new thing for today.. (8->