style preserving for code file out ?

Alain Plantec-4
Hi all,
What is the usefulness of preserving code style for method logging ?
I personally always answer no when, while accepting some code,
I've to answer to "This method contains style for the first time (e.g.
bold or colored text).
Do you really want to save the style info?".

Regarding the preferences to settings refactoring,
another way of asking this question would be "can I remove this feature ?"

Thanks
Alain

Re: style preserving for code file out ?

Damien Cassou
On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 4:48 PM, Alain Plantec <[hidden email]> wrote:
> another way of asking this question would be "can I remove this feature ?"

+1

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: style preserving for code file out ?

Lukas Renggli
Yeah, we don't want to store methods as text, just plain strings is
perfectly fine.

Lukas

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 7:36 PM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 4:48 PM, Alain Plantec <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> another way of asking this question would be "can I remove this feature ?"
>
> +1
>
> --
> Damien Cassou
> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st
>
> "Lambdas are relegated to relative obscurity until Java makes them
> popular by not having them." James Iry

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: style preserving for code file out ?

Plain text.
if in the future people want to story hyperlink (which would be cool)
it should be redone.

Stef

> confirmFirstUseOfStyle
> "If true, the first attempt to submit a method with non-standard style will
> bring up a confirmation dialog"
>
> Action: remove because we want only text in log
>
> a .cs is attached

Alain