suggestions mini-pane shut up

raffaello.giulietti
Hi,

I find the suggestions mini-pane that appears under a method code rather
useless and distracting.

I perfectly know that I'm an idiot, so there's no need for the tool to
keep reminding me how smart it is instead.

Is there a way to get rid of it?

Re: suggestions mini-pane shut up

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

On 28 Feb 2017, at 14:49, Raffaello Giulietti <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I find the suggestions mini-pane that appears under a method code rather useless and distracting.

I perfectly know that I'm an idiot, so there's no need for the tool to keep reminding me how smart it is instead.

Is there a way to get rid of it?

Experiment with the Nautilus Settings:

In particular 'Show critique list at the bottom' and 'Show source code annotation pane'.

Sven

Re: suggestions mini-pane shut up

raffaello.giulietti
Hi Sven,

I already searched in the settings.

Here is what I see in the Nautilus Browser settings:

Code Browsing
    Nautilus Browser
        Show hierarchy by default?
        Use old style keys?

nothing else.

Re: suggestions mini-pane shut up

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
What Pharo version are you using ?

The screenshot was from Pharo 6.

> On 28 Feb 2017, at 15:06, Raffaello Giulietti <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Sven,
>
> I already searched in the settings.
>
> Here is what I see in the Nautilus Browser settings:
>
> Code Browsing
>     Nautilus Browser
>         Show hierarchy by default?
>         Use old style keys?
>
> nothing else.
>

> On 2017-02-28 14:55, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:
>>
>>> On 28 Feb 2017, at 14:49, Raffaello Giulietti <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I find the suggestions mini-pane that appears under a method code rather useless and distracting.
>>>
>>> I perfectly know that I'm an idiot, so there's no need for the tool to keep reminding me how smart it is instead.
>>>
>>> Is there a way to get rid of it?
>>
>> Experiment with the Nautilus Settings:
>>
>> <Mail Attachment.png>
>>
>> In particular 'Show critique list at the bottom' and 'Show source code annotation pane'.
>>
>> Sven

Re: suggestions mini-pane shut up

kilon.alios
which version of Pharo you use ?

PS: I do not need QA to remind me I am an idiot, coding is doing that to me every day just fine for 30 years now :D

15a850f968601 (88K) Download Attachment
(88K) Download Attachment

Re: suggestions mini-pane shut up

raffaello.giulietti
I'm using the latest "official" release, namely Pharo 5. I have no gut
to experiment with Pharo 6.

If not by the GUI, there still must be a way to evaluate some expression
to achieve the same effect, even in Pharo 5.

On 2017-02-28 15:12, Dimitris Chloupis wrote:
which version of Pharo you use ?

PS: I do not need QA to remind me I am an idiot, coding is doing that to me every day just fine for 30 years now :D

Fully agree with you ;-)

Anyway, I want to be in control of the tools.

Re: suggestions mini-pane shut up

Peter Uhnak
1. Open settings
2. Type in quality
3. Uncheck nautilus plugin

(or remove the plugin via top-right corner of nautilus window -> plugins manager -> remove QA)

Peter

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 03:16:31PM +0100, Raffaello Giulietti wrote:

> I'm using the latest "official" release, namely Pharo 5. I have no
> gut to experiment with Pharo 6.
>
> If not by the GUI, there still must be a way to evaluate some
> expression to achieve the same effect, even in Pharo 5.
>

> On 2017-02-28 15:11, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:
> >What Pharo version are you using ?
> >
> >The screenshot was from Pharo 6.
> >
> >>On 28 Feb 2017, at 15:06, Raffaello Giulietti <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >>Hi Sven,
> >>
> >>I already searched in the settings.
> >>
> >>Here is what I see in the Nautilus Browser settings:
> >>
> >>Code Browsing
> >>    Nautilus Browser
> >>        Show hierarchy by default?
> >>        Use old style keys?