super simple programming intro with Pharo 6?

super simple programming intro with Pharo 6?

Christian Haider

Hi,

is there some basic intro to programming (for a 10 year old without prior experience) ideally with Pharo 6?

Is Prof Stef suitable?

Thanks,

                Christian

ksi

Re: super simple programming intro with Pharo 6?

ksi
Hi Christian,
what about taking the Scratch implementation based on Pharo called Phratch into consideration?
It could be much more fun for a 10-year old than the much more powerfull Smalltalk operating system :).

Just my 10 Cents

Cheers
Kiril

Re: super simple programming intro with Pharo 6?

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2

I would try Squeak, Learning Programming with Robots [1]. It's what I used with my freshmen students at the University. Most of them have no previous experience with programming. That, combined with Etoys and Scratch worked pretty well. I don't know if there is some image that can be run these days thought.

[1] https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Squeak%2C+Learning+Programming+with+Robots&t=ffsb&atb=v47-3__&ia=products

Cheers,

Offray

On 05/07/17 08:19, Christian Haider wrote:

Hi,

is there some basic intro to programming (for a 10 year old without prior experience) ideally with Pharo 6?

Is Prof Stef suitable?

Thanks,

                Christian

Re: super simple programming intro with Pharo 6?

HilaireFernandes
Hi Christian,

What about trying to program Euclidean geometry (and in French if you
want) with Dr. Geo[1].

It is still based on Pharo3 but it does not really matter. And there is
some documentation in French[2]

Hilaire

[1] http://drgeu.eu
[2] http://drgeo.eu/help

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: super simple programming intro with Pharo 6?

Stephane Ducasse-3
Christian

I lost my pier with the botinc web site and no time to build one again

https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/?group_id=1561&release_id=5375#botsinc-englishoriginal-ready-oldjoeandpica35-title-content

have a look at the book
One which os are you?
I can find a version for Mac.