suppressing the ob ast navigation

Tudor Girba
Hi,

In the latest OB, pressing ctrl+shift+(left/right)arrow gets you to navigate through the AST. This is certainly cool, but I could not find a usage for it yet :).

But, the problem is that it overloads the ctrl+shift which in any text editor selects the previous/next word.

If this feature is indeed wanted, could we find another keybinding solution for it? If not, how can I disable it in my image?

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Presenting is storytelling."

Re: suppressing the ob ast navigation

Tudor Girba
Hi again,

Furthermore, ctrl+(left/right)arrow does not navigate through text words anymore. Instead, it seems to do the AST navigation :(.

Cheers,
Doru

On 18 May 2011, at 12:40, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In the latest OB, pressing ctrl+shift+(left/right)arrow gets you to navigate through the AST. This is certainly cool, but I could not find a usage for it yet :).
>
> But, the problem is that it overloads the ctrl+shift which in any text editor selects the previous/next word.
>
> If this feature is indeed wanted, could we find another keybinding solution for it? If not, how can I disable it in my image?
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Presenting is storytelling."

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Reasonable is what we are accustomed with."

Re: suppressing the ob ast navigation

Lukas Renggli
In the latest version I changed it to Alt/Option+[Shift+]Left/Right
arrow. That combination doesn't seem to be used.

As a side note: to figure out if the alt/option key is pressed in
Pharo one has to do bit-fiddeling ...

   buttons anyMask: 32

All other accessors have test methods.

Lukas

On 18 May 2011 13:04, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> Furthermore, ctrl+(left/right)arrow does not navigate through text words anymore. Instead, it seems to do the AST navigation :(.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 18 May 2011, at 12:40, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> In the latest OB, pressing ctrl+shift+(left/right)arrow gets you to navigate through the AST. This is certainly cool, but I could not find a usage for it yet :).
>>
>> But, the problem is that it overloads the ctrl+shift which in any text editor selects the previous/next word.
>>
>> If this feature is indeed wanted, could we find another keybinding solution for it? If not, how can I disable it in my image?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Presenting is storytelling."
>>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Reasonable is what we are accustomed with."

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: suppressing the ob ast navigation

Stéphane Ducasse

On May 20, 2011, at 7:27 PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> In the latest version I changed it to Alt/Option+[Shift+]Left/Right
> arrow. That combination doesn't seem to be used.
>
> As a side note: to figure out if the alt/option key is pressed in
> Pharo one has to do bit-fiddeling ...
>
>   buttons anyMask: 32
>
> All other accessors have test methods.

We spent some time this afternoon with igor looking at some of the handmorph event handling methods
and this is scary. Another things to add to the list but first we should finish the open tasks.

Re: suppressing the ob ast navigation

Tudor Girba-2
Thanks, Lukas. It works much better.

I copied the fixes to squeaksource.com/PharoOBNow. Now, the next question is what is the process to integrate it in the ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser/ConfigurationOfPharo?

Here are the options:
1. update ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser>>version13: with the new package versions
2. create a new ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser>>version131: and change ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser>>version13beta2 to point to the new version
3. create a new ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser>>version131: and create ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser>>version13beta3 to point to the new version

I simply want to know what the process is so that we can follow it.

If it were up to me, I would make the continuous integration process to load the baseline of ConfigurationOfPharo>>baseline13: to stress and push integration :)

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing has its own flow."

Re: suppressing the ob ast navigation

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 9:55 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks, Lukas. It works much better.

I copied the fixes to squeaksource.com/PharoOBNow. Now, the next question is what is the process to integrate it in the ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser/ConfigurationOfPharo?

Here are the options:
1. update ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser>>version13: with the new package versions
2. create a new ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser>>version131: and change ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser>>version13beta2 to point to the new version
3. create a new ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser>>version131: and create ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser>>version13beta3 to point to the new version

I simply want to know what the process is so that we can follow it.

There is no strict rule. I think for this moment 1) is fine. Creating 1.3.1 will be maybe if there is more or more important changes.

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing has its own flow."

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

1

> 2. create a new ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser>>version131: and change ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser>>version13beta2 to point to the new version
> 3. create a new ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser>>version131: and create ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser>>version13beta3 to point to the new version
>
> I simply want to know what the process is so that we can follow it.
>
> If it were up to me, I would make the continuous integration process to load the baseline of ConfigurationOfPharo>>baseline13: to stress and push integration :)
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 20 May 2011, at 19:27, Lukas Renggli wrote:
>
>> In the latest version I changed it to Alt/Option+[Shift+]Left/Right
>> arrow. That combination doesn't seem to be used.
>>
>> As a side note: to figure out if the alt/option key is pressed in
>> Pharo one has to do bit-fiddeling ...
>>
>>  buttons anyMask: 32
>>
>> All other accessors have test methods.
>>
>> Lukas
>>
>> On 18 May 2011 13:04, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi again,
>>>
>>> Furthermore, ctrl+(left/right)arrow does not navigate through text words anymore. Instead, it seems to do the AST navigation :(.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Doru

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "Reasonable is what we are accustomed with."
>>>

>> --
>> Lukas Renggli
>> www.lukas-renggli.ch
>>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Every thing has its own flow."

Re: suppressing the ob ast navigation

Tudor Girba-2
Done.

Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing should have the right to be different."