swapMouseButtons doesn't work

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi folks: I had an Pharo 10318 and then updat to 10328 in Linux and swapMouseButtons seems to be wrong. For the "right button" I have to press the mouse wheel button. I tried this things:

Preferences setPreference: #swapMouseButtons toValue: true.
Preferences setPreference: #swapMouseButtons toValue: false.
Preferences enable: #swapMouseButtons.
Preferences disable: #swapMouseButtons.
InputSensor swapMouseButtons: false.
InputSensor swapMouseButtons: true.

No one do nothing.

I saw http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=838  and seems to be changed in 10319

However, this is not working well in Linux. What I had to do to make it work is this:

Rewrite Preferences>>swapMouseButtons to this:

swapMouseButtons
    ^ self
        valueOfFlag: #swapMouseButtons
        ifAbsent: [self break.
            OSPlatform current platformFamily = #Windows
                ifTrue: [false].
            OSPlatform current platformFamily = #Unix
                ifTrue: [false] ]

And then do:

InputEventSensor swapMouseButtons: false

In addition 10324 dev seems to work ok for me out of the box. Can be a problem of updating from an older version ?

What can be the problem?

Thanks

Mariano

Re: swapMouseButtons doesn't work

Adrian Lienhard
In issue #838 I changed the implementation to be platform specific as
follows:

swapMouseButtons
        ^ self
                valueOfFlag: #swapMouseButtons
                ifAbsent: [
                        OSPlatform current platformFamily ~= #Windows ]

which means that for Unix swapping is enabled (returns true).

If I understand you correctly, however, for Unix it should be
disabled. Is this correct?

So the correct implementation would be to test for

OSPlatform current platformFamily = #Mac (or similar)

Adrian

On Jun 7, 2009, at 19:08 , Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Hi folks: I had an Pharo 10318 and then updat to 10328 in Linux and
> swapMouseButtons seems to be wrong. For the "right button" I have to
> press
> the mouse wheel button. I tried this things:
>
> Preferences setPreference: #swapMouseButtons toValue: true.
> Preferences setPreference: #swapMouseButtons toValue: false.
> Preferences enable: #swapMouseButtons.
> Preferences disable: #swapMouseButtons.
> InputSensor swapMouseButtons: false.
> InputSensor swapMouseButtons: true.
>
> No one do nothing.
>
> I saw http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=838  and seems
> to be
> changed in 10319
>
> However, this is not working well in Linux. What I had to do to make
> it work
> is this:
>
> Rewrite Preferences>>swapMouseButtons to this:
>
> swapMouseButtons
>    ^ self
>        valueOfFlag: #swapMouseButtons
>        ifAbsent: [self break.
>            OSPlatform current platformFamily = #Windows
>                ifTrue: [false].
>            OSPlatform current platformFamily = #Unix
>                ifTrue: [false] ]
>

> And then do:
>
> InputEventSensor swapMouseButtons: false
>
> In addition 10324 dev seems to work ok for me out of the box. Can be a
> problem of updating from an older version ?
>
> What can be the problem?
>
> Thanks
>
> Mariano

Re: swapMouseButtons doesn't work

Damien Cassou
On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 8:16 PM, Adrian Lienhard<[hidden email]> wrote:

> In issue #838 I changed the implementation to be platform specific as
> follows:
>
> swapMouseButtons
>        ^ self
>                valueOfFlag: #swapMouseButtons
>                ifAbsent: [
>                        OSPlatform current platformFamily ~= #Windows ]
>
> which means that for Unix swapping is enabled (returns true).
>
> If I understand you correctly, however, for Unix it should be
> disabled. Is this correct?
>
> So the correct implementation would be to test for
>
> OSPlatform current platformFamily = #Mac (or similar)

No, it works out-of-the-box now on Linux (as said at the end of
Mariano's email and I confirm it). He probably just got and update
problem.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 10:36 AM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 8:16 PM, Adrian Lienhard<[hidden email]> wrote:
> In issue #838 I changed the implementation to be platform specific as
> follows:
>
> swapMouseButtons
>        ^ self
>                valueOfFlag: #swapMouseButtons
>                ifAbsent: [
>                        OSPlatform current platformFamily ~= #Windows ]
>
> which means that for Unix swapping is enabled (returns true).
>
> If I understand you correctly, however, for Unix it should be
> disabled. Is this correct?
>
> So the correct implementation would be to test for
>
> OSPlatform current platformFamily = #Mac (or similar)

No, it works out-of-the-box now on Linux (as said at the end of
Mariano's email and I confirm it). He probably just got and update
problem.

Ok then, I guess it was an update problem.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: swapMouseButtons doesn't work

Mariano Martinez Peck
I don't get it. I see Pharo 9.06.1 which is based on 10234 and this is the implementation:

swapMouseButtons
^ self
valueOfFlag: #swapMouseButtons
ifAbsent: [false]

But, you said you change to

swapMouseButtons
       ^ self
               valueOfFlag: #swapMouseButtons
               ifAbsent: [
                       OSPlatform current platformFamily ~= #Windows ]

in 10319

So, maybe it has been overriden?

Cheers,

Mariano

On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 5:16 PM, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]> wrote:
In issue #838 I changed the implementation to be platform specific as
follows:

swapMouseButtons
       ^ self
               valueOfFlag: #swapMouseButtons
               ifAbsent: [
                       OSPlatform current platformFamily ~= #Windows ]

which means that for Unix swapping is enabled (returns true).

If I understand you correctly, however, for Unix it should be
disabled. Is this correct?

So the correct implementation would be to test for

OSPlatform current platformFamily = #Mac (or similar)

Adrian

On Jun 7, 2009, at 19:08 , Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Hi folks: I had an Pharo 10318 and then updat to 10328 in Linux and
> swapMouseButtons seems to be wrong. For the "right button" I have to
> press
> the mouse wheel button. I tried this things:
>
> Preferences setPreference: #swapMouseButtons toValue: true.
> Preferences setPreference: #swapMouseButtons toValue: false.
> Preferences enable: #swapMouseButtons.
> Preferences disable: #swapMouseButtons.
> InputSensor swapMouseButtons: false.
> InputSensor swapMouseButtons: true.
>
> No one do nothing.
>
> I saw http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=838  and seems
> to be
> changed in 10319
>
> However, this is not working well in Linux. What I had to do to make
> it work
> is this:
>
> Rewrite Preferences>>swapMouseButtons to this:
>
> swapMouseButtons
>    ^ self
>        valueOfFlag: #swapMouseButtons
>        ifAbsent: [self break.
>            OSPlatform current platformFamily = #Windows
>                ifTrue: [false].
>            OSPlatform current platformFamily = #Unix
>                ifTrue: [false] ]
>

> And then do:
>
> InputEventSensor swapMouseButtons: false
>
> In addition 10324 dev seems to work ok for me out of the box. Can be a
> problem of updating from an older version ?
>
> What can be the problem?
>
> Thanks
>
> Mariano

Re: swapMouseButtons doesn't work

Stéphane Ducasse
in 10331 core

On Jun 8, 2009, at 8:10 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > I saw http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=838  and seems
> > to be
> > changed in 10319
> >
> > However, this is not working well in Linux. What I had to do to make
> > it work
> > is this:
> >
> > Rewrite Preferences>>swapMouseButtons to this:
> >
> > swapMouseButtons
> >    ^ self
> >        valueOfFlag: #swapMouseButtons
> >        ifAbsent: [self break.
> >            OSPlatform current platformFamily = #Windows
> >                ifTrue: [false].
> >            OSPlatform current platformFamily = #Unix
> >                ifTrue: [false] ]
> >

> > And then do:
> >
> > InputEventSensor swapMouseButtons: false
> >
> > In addition 10324 dev seems to work ok for me out of the box. Can
> be a
> > problem of updating from an older version ?

Yes. I can see it in that version. Ok.This was weird. Between 10319 and 10234 seems to have changed and then returned.....

2009/6/8 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:
> I don't get it. I see Pharo 9.06.1 which is based on 10234 and this is the
> implementation:

In a stock pharo0.1-10324dev09.06.1, I have:

Preferences>>swapMouseButtons
        ^ self
                valueOfFlag: #swapMouseButtons
                ifAbsent: [
                        OSPlatform current platformFamily ~= #Windows ]

I don't know what you are looking at :-)