#syntaxHighlightingAsYouType

Christoph Thiede

Hi,

I just found out that #syntaxHighlightingAsYouType has no senders. In my images, the preference is even turned off, but Shout remains active.

Is this preference deprecated or would we want to honor it in PluggableTextMorphPlus >> #updateStyleNow? In case of the latter, how about #updateStyle (and other senders of #style: and #styleInBackgroundProcess:)?

And another note: I am currently working with some really long methods which store hard-coded Forms etc., and each time I open one of them, my Browser hangs heavily for about a few minutes. (If I watch the source code in an unstyled Workspace, everything is fast as usual.) Thence I would still find it relevant to have an option to turn off Shout completely. And why can't we always style long texts in background, not only when loading? Could it be useful to introduce a certain treshold which if exceeded disables styling for a text in general?

Best regards,

Christoph

Carpe Squeak!

Re: #syntaxHighlightingAsYouType

Christoph Thiede

Are you indeed talking only about coloring but not about the whole styling (underlines, italic, ...)?

Carpe Squeak!

Re: #syntaxHighlightingAsYouType

marcel.taeumel
We didn't make this preference functional because we couldn't yet decide on a package to put it. It think that "Tools" might work. The current package, "ShoutCore", does not work because of the dependencies.

Best,
Marcel