tODE loading problems

NorbertHartl
Hi Dale,

I like to try out tODE for a moment. I had some troubles loading the package via metacello. Seems there was some package movement going on. The situation that loads is that tODE has a requirement to seaside 3.0. But

Seaside-JSON-Core
is in
http://www.squeaksource.com/Seaside31

and

Seaside-JSON-Component
is in
http://www.squeaksource.com/Seaside31Addons

So I'm reluctant to commit this version because it is too weird and needs to be solved somehow. I'll attach my configuration to this mail.

Norbert

ConfigurationOfSeasideJSON-NorbertHartl.5.mcz (6K) Download Attachment

Re: tODE loading problems

Dale Henrichs
yes,

The seaside guys like to move packages around and delete them from repositories ... on the one hand I understand why they do that, but on the other hand it breaks the metacello configurations for anyone using those packages which is just sad...

With that said, tODE is obviously in still in major development mode, so the latest version includes features that aren't relevant to using plain old tODE (the original version).

The JSON stuff is used in my latest experiments with Amber while "plain old tODE" uses seaside, so if you're still interested in trying you could use an earlier version of tODE.

ConfigurationOftODE-dkh.169.mcz is the version that I use with SS3 so it's pretty functional and does not depend upon JSON and will get you started... it might still rely on some packages that the seaside guys deleted, if so let me know and I'll dredge the packages up from one of my caches ...

If you like what you see but want to fix bugs or add features, we can fork that version and move forward with what we've got there ...

Dale

| I like to try out tODE for a moment. I had some troubles loading the
| package via metacello. Seems there was some package movement going
| on. The situation that loads is that tODE has a requirement to
| seaside 3.0. But
|
| Seaside-JSON-Core
| is in
| http://www.squeaksource.com/Seaside31
|
| and
|
| Seaside-JSON-Component
| is in
| http://www.squeaksource.com/Seaside31Addons
|
| So I'm reluctant to commit this version because it is too weird and
| needs to be solved somehow. I'll attach my configuration to this
| mail.
|
| Norbert

Re: tODE loading problems

NorbertHartl
hell, I have hard times make people understand what I'm saying :)

The mail should read as "Hey Dale, the configuration is broken but I kinda fixed it. Tweaked repository to make it load and tode seems to work. The repository setup (3.0 / 3.1 seaside mix) is just too weird for me so I don't like to commit the configuration but I attach it to this mail. You'll know better than me what to do. ...."

But while we are at it. I loaded todo but it still looks the same look what I've seen in Edinburgh. Is there another entry point for the latest stuff than /tools/tode? Most of the other entry points give me white pages.

thanks,

norbert

Am 30.04.2012 um 18:44 schrieb Dale Henrichs:

> yes,
>
> The seaside guys like to move packages around and delete them from repositories ... on the one hand I understand why they do that, but on the other hand it breaks the metacello configurations for anyone using those packages which is just sad...
>
> With that said, tODE is obviously in still in major development mode, so the latest version includes features that aren't relevant to using plain old tODE (the original version).
>
> The JSON stuff is used in my latest experiments with Amber while "plain old tODE" uses seaside, so if you're still interested in trying you could use an earlier version of tODE.
>
> ConfigurationOftODE-dkh.169.mcz is the version that I use with SS3 so it's pretty functional and does not depend upon JSON and will get you started... it might still rely on some packages that the seaside guys deleted, if so let me know and I'll dredge the packages up from one of my caches ...
>
> If you like what you see but want to fix bugs or add features, we can fork that version and move forward with what we've got there ...
>
> Dale

Re: tODE loading problems

Dale Henrichs
Norbert,

No problem, I misread more often than folks miswrite ... sorry for the confusion....

Go ahead and commit to the configuration it's set up for global read/write.

The bit that I recommend you use is the bit that you saw at Edinburgh. After Edinburgh I started work on an Amber version but that version is not functional and other responsibilities projects intervened ...

So tools/tODE is the entry point that I'd recommend.

I haven't upgraded to later versions of Seaside, etc. since November, so it's possible that some bits of the Amber-base tode have broken ... to debug the blank pages you should bring up the browser development tools a look at the console for clues.

Dale

| hell, I have hard times make people understand what I'm saying :)
|
| The mail should read as "Hey Dale, the configuration is broken but I
| kinda fixed it. Tweaked repository to make it load and tode seems to
| work. The repository setup (3.0 / 3.1 seaside mix) is just too weird
| for me so I don't like to commit the configuration but I attach it
| to this mail. You'll know better than me what to do. ...."
|
| But while we are at it. I loaded todo but it still looks the same
| look what I've seen in Edinburgh. Is there another entry point for
| the latest stuff than /tools/tode? Most of the other entry points
| give me white pages.
|
| thanks,
|
| norbert
|
| Am 30.04.2012 um 18:44 schrieb Dale Henrichs:
|
| > yes,
| >
| > The seaside guys like to move packages around and delete them from
| > repositories ... on the one hand I understand why they do that,
| > but on the other hand it breaks the metacello configurations for
| > anyone using those packages which is just sad...
| >
| > With that said, tODE is obviously in still in major development
| > mode, so the latest version includes features that aren't relevant
| > to using plain old tODE (the original version).
| >
| > The JSON stuff is used in my latest experiments with Amber while
| > "plain old tODE" uses seaside, so if you're still interested in
| > trying you could use an earlier version of tODE.
| >
| > ConfigurationOftODE-dkh.169.mcz is the version that I use with SS3
| > so it's pretty functional and does not depend upon JSON and will
| > get you started... it might still rely on some packages that the
| > seaside guys deleted, if so let me know and I'll dredge the
| > packages up from one of my caches ...
| >
| > If you like what you see but want to fix bugs or add features, we
| > can fork that version and move forward with what we've got there
| >
| > Dale

| > |
| > | Hi Dale,
| > |
| > | I like to try out tODE for a moment. I had some troubles loading
| > | the
| > | package via metacello. Seems there was some package movement
| > | going
| > | on. The situation that loads is that tODE has a requirement to
| > | seaside 3.0. But
| > |
| > | Seaside-JSON-Core
| > | is in
| > | http://www.squeaksource.com/Seaside31
| > |
| > | and
| > |
| > | Seaside-JSON-Component
| > | is in
| > | http://www.squeaksource.com/Seaside31Addons
| > |
| > | So I'm reluctant to commit this version because it is too weird
| > | and
| > | needs to be solved somehow. I'll attach my configuration to this
| > | mail.
| > |
| > | Norbert
| > |