tODE refactoring tools

GLASS mailing list
Hi,

I've been playing with tODE for two weeks now. Just a few hours, but still,
I start to get the idea.
Well, I'd rather say that the pros of tODE as I see are:
- if you have a green test in tODE image, you're 100% sure it will run
properly on gemstone
- the scripts for managing stones and gems, and for writing code.

I still need to get used with the windows, but I'll be patient.

I was wondering, how hard would it be to implement refactoring tools in
tODE?

I'd imagine start trying with a real easy one.
Anyone can give me some advise?

Is it a good idea?
Would it take a long time?

I do smalltalk for almost two years now. But I'm always a beginner...

Thanks

--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/GLASS-f1460844.html

Re: tODE refactoring tools

GLASS mailing list

Hello,

The refactoring browser code base has been ported to GLASS. Originally only the configurable code formatter was fully operational, but and a year or so ago Richard Sargent did some work to port the rest of the RB framework to GemStone, so the resto of the RB code is there ready to be hooked into tODE.

If you take a look at the network graph[1]:

the master branch has Richard's latest work merged into it and according to Travis[2], the master branch is passing against 3.4.3 and 3.5.0, So the first order of business would be to create a tODE refactoring tool. The TDBatchEditTool might not be a bad tool to use an an example for a refactoring tool as there are plenty of examples of working with tODE definitions ... If you get stuck or have questions, you could share your code up on github (on a fork of tODE) and I could easily take a look at what you're doing and give you additional guidance.

Dale

[1] https://github.com/dalehenrich/rb/network
[2] https://travis-ci.org/dalehenrich/rb/builds/573268722