tab skips radio buttons

Ted Shen-3
On my GUI, the Tab key advances from one widget to the next, but skips
the radio buttons.  I have set isTabStop to true on the radio buttons,
but this does not help.  Do I need to do something else to get the tab
to stop at the radio buttons?

Thanks.

Ted

Re: tab skips radio buttons

Yar Hwee Boon-3
On 15 Oct 2004 06:59:58 -0700, Ted Shen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On my GUI, the Tab key advances from one widget to the next, but skips
> the radio buttons.  I have set isTabStop to true on the radio buttons,
> but this does not help.  Do I need to do something else to get the tab
> to stop at the radio buttons?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Ted

Try preset one of the radio button (in that group) to true?

--
Regards
HweeBoon

Re: tab skips radio buttons

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Ted,

> On my GUI, the Tab key advances from one widget to the next, but skips
> the radio buttons.  I have set isTabStop to true on the radio buttons,
> but this does not help.  Do I need to do something else to get the tab
> to stop at the radio buttons?

Are the radio buttons inside a container?  If so, does it need to be a
tab stop?  You might also look at Ian's radio buttons goodie.

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: tab skips radio buttons

Blair McGlashan-3
"Ted Shen" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> On my GUI, the Tab key advances from one widget to the next, but skips
> the radio buttons.  I have set isTabStop to true on the radio buttons,
> but this does not help.  Do I need to do something else to get the tab
> to stop at the radio buttons?

You should set a group stop (i.e. #isGroupStop = true, corresponding to the
WS_GROUP window style) on the first radio button in the z-order in the
group, and that button should also be a tab-stop. By convention the other
buttons should not be tab-stops themselves unless the first can be disabled.
Do not enable the isGroupStop style on more than one button in the group, as
this can cause your application to stop responding due to a bug in the
Windows dialog keyboard navigation function, IsDialogMessage(). The standard
BooleanPresenter 'Radio button' view resource has the group-stop style
turned off (because of the aforementioned issue), so you will need to
explicitly turn it on for the first radio button in the group.

BTW: For historical reasons (actually that Andy didn't like radio buttons
:-)) we have not, until recently, made much use of radio buttons, and hence
we haven't provided any convenient presenter to represent a group of radio
buttons. This will be addressed in the next release, but in the meantime you
might like to take a look at Ian Bartholomew's RadioButtonGroup goodie
(http://www.idb.me.uk/goodies5/tweaks.html#radiobutton)

Regards

Blair

Re: tab skips radio buttons

Ted Shen-3
Thanks very much, both these solutions look like just the ticket.  My
users will appreciate it.

Ted