table widget

Tudor Girba-3
Hi,

Is there a table widget in Morphic/Polymorph?

I would features like:
- add columns
- sort the rows based on a column
- select a row

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"We cannot reach the flow of things unless we let go."

Re: table widget

Carlos Crosetti-4
Doru, I don`t think so. Please post to this mailing list if you find such
table/grid morph.

I am using the SGrid package found at map.squeak.org, I wokks in Pharo as
well as Squeak 3.10.
You will be able to display an array of arrays of objects prividing the
column names and a list of selectors to be sent to each cell.

The simple example code is as follows:

        | table |
        table := (GridMorph
                from: #(joe jack ben sam mary sally jen)
                performing: #(asString reverse allButFirst asHex hash)) title: 'Simple Tab
        table openInWorld.
        ^ table

Find attached the screenshot resulting from this code.

I atempted to add per-column alinmgent to Sgrid but stumbled with my lack of
morphic frameworl development knowledge. If you are interested in building
on top of SGrid, I will be interested in collaborating (providing
specifications, teet cases).

Carlos

Is there a table widget in Morphic/Polymorph?

I would features like:
- add columns
- sort the rows based on a column
- select a row

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"We cannot reach the flow of things unless we let go."

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.

sgrid.doc.doc (215K) Download Attachment

Re: table widget

Tudor Girba-3
Thanks, Carlos.

I will give it a try.

Cheers,
Doru

On 2 Aug 2009, at 18:55, Carlos Crosetti wrote:

> Doru, I don`t think so. Please post to this mailing list if you find
> such
> table/grid morph.
>
> I am using the SGrid package found at map.squeak.org, I wokks in
> Pharo as
> well as Squeak 3.10.
> You will be able to display an array of arrays of objects prividing
> the
> column names and a list of selectors to be sent to each cell.
>
> The simple example code is as follows:
>
> | table |
> table := (GridMorph
> from: #(joe jack ben sam mary sally jen)
> performing: #(asString reverse allButFirst asHex hash)) title:
> 'Simple Tab
> table openInWorld.
> ^ table
>
> Find attached the screenshot resulting from this code.
>
> I atempted to add per-column alinmgent to Sgrid but stumbled with my
> lack of
> morphic frameworl development knowledge. If you are interested in
> building
> on top of SGrid, I will be interested in collaborating (providing
> specifications, teet cases).
>
> Carlos

"To lead is not to demand things, it is to make them happen."

Re: table widget

There is one. ask in the squeak mailing-list because I do not
remember. and may be it is not working.
On Aug 2, 2009, at 1:57 AM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a table widget in Morphic/Polymorph?
>
> I would features like:
> - add columns
> - sort the rows based on a column
> - select a row
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "We cannot reach the flow of things unless we let go."

Re: table widget

Carlos Crosetti-4
Blame on me as I go off-topic for a while - I believe some of you are
challenged to determine the Smalltalk platform to use when you are in the
decision making about what is the most suitable developmenbnt tool to face
some new project opportunity.

This is not happening to me very often.

This is the wiki page about GUI builders for Saqueak
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/1576

So far I invested some time to find something suitable to my needs and
expectations.

Maui, from Chris Muller - interesting implementation appproach, have a
document that starts well to the newbie but quickly turns to a strong
smalltalk practtioner audience - so will be somewhat hard to follow - i am
challenging Chris to add more real world samples and deliver a one-click
image like Seaside. At this time I am with other priorities so I am behind
going with Maui adoption.

wxSqueak - hybrid implemenation, but a rich one. You have to deal with an
image that has the wxwidgets statically linked, demos are nice, I am not the
purist that wont accept to extend C or C++, but in the first attemtpt to
clone demo code into something I was going to show to a customer, I stumbled
with too many vm crashes - so worried about that.. You may consider the
energy to behave defensively all the time.

Other links shown broken.

I liked polymorph, but lacks of a dataset/grid morph. I combined polymorh
with Sgrid
but sgrid is not at the level polymorh is. Pharo is loaded with Polymorph,
check evaluating

UITheme exeampleOtherControls

I am fine in spendng time to assemble widegets and models by code, but have
to say that I am comfortable with VW and the UIBuilder - so I will stay calm
and follow Pharo and Squeak communities to show up with an initiative to
incorporate a table layour, grid and dataset morphs unto polymorhp....
dreaming?

There is one. ask in the squeak mailing-list because I do not
remember. and may be it is not working.
On Aug 2, 2009, at 1:57 AM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a table widget in Morphic/Polymorph?
>
> I would features like:
> - add columns
> - sort the rows based on a column
> - select a row
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "We cannot reach the flow of things unless we let go."

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
11:07 a.m.