table widths in %

Bèrto ëd Sèra
Hi!

how do I set a table to be 100% wide? width: seems to want a value in
pixel only. It would also be nice to be able to set a colum to some%
of the total table.

Bèrto

Re: table widths in %

Nicolas Petton
Le vendredi 16 avril 2010 à 07:22 +0300, Bèrto ëd Sèra a écrit :
> Hi!
>
> how do I set a table to be 100% wide? width: seems to want a value in
> pixel only. It would also be nice to be able to set a colum to some%
> of the total table.

What about:
e table style: 'width: 100%'

But I would use a separate css file for styling the application.

Nico

Re: table widths in %

Paolo Bonzini-2
On 04/16/2010 10:51 AM, Nicolas Petton wrote:

> Le vendredi 16 avril 2010 à 07:22 +0300, Bèrto ëd Sèra a écrit :
>> Hi!
>>
>> how do I set a table to be 100% wide? width: seems to want a value in
>> pixel only. It would also be nice to be able to set a colum to some%
>> of the total table.
>
> What about:
> e table style: 'width: 100%'
>
> But I would use a separate css file for styling the application.

Yeah, a class?

Paolo

Re: table widths in %

Paolo Bonzini-2
On 04/16/2010 10:51 AM, Nicolas Petton wrote:

> Le vendredi 16 avril 2010 à 07:22 +0300, Bèrto ëd Sèra a écrit :
>> Hi!
>>
>> how do I set a table to be 100% wide? width: seems to want a value in
>> pixel only. It would also be nice to be able to set a colum to some%
>> of the total table.
>
> What about:
> e table style: 'width: 100%'
>
> But I would use a separate css file for styling the application.

Yeah, a class?

You can do also

   table.mytable td { width: 30%; }
   table.mytable td+td { width: 20%; }
   table.mytable td+td+td { width: 30%; }
   table.mytable td+td+td+td { width: 20%; }

It works assuming you don't nest tables.

Paolo

Re: table widths in %

Bèrto ëd Sèra
Yeap! Stupid me... it's really much better to keep it within the
general external CSS. This is the kind of stupid questions one makes
after coding all night :)

Thanks
Bèrto

On 16 April 2010 14:00, Paolo Bonzini <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 04/16/2010 10:51 AM, Nicolas Petton wrote:
>>
>> Le vendredi 16 avril 2010 à 07:22 +0300, Bèrto ëd Sèra a écrit :
>>>
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> how do I set a table to be 100% wide? width: seems to want a value in
>>> pixel only. It would also be nice to be able to set a colum to some%
>>> of the total table.
>>
>> What about:
>> e table style: 'width: 100%'
>>
>> But I would use a separate css file for styling the application.
>
> Yeah, a class?
>
> You can do also
>
>  table.mytable td { width: 30%; }
>  table.mytable td+td { width: 20%; }
>  table.mytable td+td+td { width: 30%; }
>  table.mytable td+td+td+td { width: 20%; }
>
> It works assuming you don't nest tables.
>
> Paolo

Constitution du 24 juin 1793 - Article 35. - Quand le gouvernement
viole les droits du peuple, l'insurrection est, pour le peuple et pour
chaque portion du peuple, le plus sacré des droits et le plus
indispensable des devoirs.