talking to other Smalltalk?

jim kuo
I have invested a lot of time to build a software in VWNC and now I don't want to migrated but in the meantime want to utilize Amber to build rich client web applications.
Now I'm facing a problem on how to talk to existing Smalltalk apps that do the server side work while sharing data it offers. I want to use getJSON on the Amber side and then the task for the other Smalltalk is how to provide the JSON-ized data.
Web programming is a new area for me. For now I just want to take the advantage of HighChart to visualize the data provided by existing Smalltalk server side apps.
Thanks for advises.

Yours,
JG

Re: talking to other Smalltalk?

Paul DeBruicker
On 12-01-29 05:08 AM, JG wrote:

> I have invested a lot of time to build a software in VWNC and now I
> don't want to migrated but in the meantime want to utilize Amber to
> build rich client web applications.
> Now I'm facing a problem on how to talk to existing Smalltalk apps that
> do the server side work while sharing data it offers. I want to use
> getJSON on the Amber side and then the task for the other Smalltalk is
> how to provide the JSON-ized data.
> Web programming is a new area for me. For now I just want to take the
> advantage of HighChart to visualize the data provided by existing
> Smalltalk server side apps.
> Thanks for advises.
>
> Yours,
> JG