"temp appears to be unused"

Davide Varvello
Hi Folks,
Is there a way to remove the warning: temporaryVariable "appears to be unused. Ok to remove it?" when saving a method? I can't find anything on settings

Cheers
 Davide

Re: "temp appears to be unused"

Marcus Denker-4

On Sep 8, 2013, at 9:17 AM, Davide Varvello <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
> Is there a way to remove the warning: temporaryVariable "appears to be
> unused. Ok to remove it?" when saving a method? I can't find anything on
> settings

Yes, in Pharo3 adding settings for those is on my TODO list… in the long
term (after the better editor support) we want to just have nonintrusive warning
(squiggly line under the variable).

On Pharo2, you can turn off "more Warnings" in the Setting (under Compiler).

        Marcus

Re: "temp appears to be unused"

Davide Varvello
Thanks Marcus, I'm on Pharo2
Cheers
Davide

Marcus Denker-4 wrote
Yes, in Pharo3 adding settings for those is on my TODO list… in the long
term (after the better editor support) we want to just have nonintrusive warning
(squiggly line under the variable).

On Pharo2, you can turn off "more Warnings" in the Setting (under Compiler).

        Marcus

signature.asc (210 bytes) <http://forum.world.st/attachment/4707112/0/signature.asc>

Re: "temp appears to be unused"

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi Davide,

Yes, in Pharo 2.0 it is possible. Open the setting browser. Type "compiler", enter, and unclick "More Warnings" option.
Cheers,

On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 4:48 AM, Davide Varvello <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks Marcus, I'm on Pharo2
Cheers
Davide

Marcus Denker-4 wrote
> Yes, in Pharo3 adding settings for those is on my TODO list… in the long
> term (after the better editor support) we want to just have nonintrusive
> warning
> (squiggly line under the variable).
>

> On Pharo2, you can turn off "more Warnings" in the Setting (under
> Compiler).
>
>       Marcus
>

> signature.asc (210 bytes)
> <http://forum.world.st/attachment/4707112/0/signature.asc>