test crashing the cog vm

1 message Options

test crashing the cog vm

Tudor Girba
Hi,

Alex recently wrote a test in Moose that seems to crash the Cog VM at least on Mac.

How to reproduce:

- download the following image
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18323746/Tmp/moose-crashing-cog-jit.zip

- execute the following code in the workspace (already provided in the image)
        cls := Class new superclass: MooseElement; yourself.
        cls compileSilently: 'mooseName   ^ 1/0'.
        element := cls new.

- I used all of the followings and they all crashed:
https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/view/Cog/job/Cog%20Mac%20Cocoa/4/artifact/cog/build/Cog.zip
https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/view/Cog/job/StackVM%20Mac%20Cocoa/2/artifact/cog/build/StackVM.zip
http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r2370/Cog.app.tgz
http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r2361/Cog.app.tgz

The strange thing is that the crash only happens when we subclass MooseElement, but not another class.

Could someone take a look?

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing should have the right to be different."