test driven development with seaside

sergio_101-2
for the past few months, i have been working full time in a rails shop
using agile/TDD.. i have really come to value TDD, and would like to
employ it on a fun project that i am currently starting in seaside..

aside from unit testing built into smalltalk, are  there any other
libraries for running tests in a web context (functional tests, not
interface tests)? are there any libraries for mocking/stubbing? for
quickly generating test fixtures (ala factory_girl)?

thanks so much!

--
----
peace,

http://www.CodingForHire.com
http://www.coffee-black.com
http://www.painlessfrugality.com
http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Re: test driven development with seaside

Dennis Schetinin

2011/10/6 sergio_101 <[hidden email]>
for the past few months, i have been working full time in a rails shop
using agile/TDD.. i have really come to value TDD, and would like to
employ it on a fun project that i am currently starting in seaside..

aside from unit testing built into smalltalk, are  there any other
libraries for running tests in a web context (functional tests, not
interface tests)?

Why SUnit is not enough for you?

are there any libraries for mocking/stubbing?

for
quickly generating test fixtures (ala factory_girl)?

I don't know about any, but it's not part of TDD, isn't it? As well, as functional tests are not?

thanks so much!

--
----
peace,
sergio
photographer, journalist, visionary

http://www.CodingForHire.com
http://www.coffee-black.com
http://www.painlessfrugality.com
http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Dennis Schetinin

Re: test driven development with seaside

otto
We use SeasideTesting extensively for TDD.

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 3:02 PM, sergio_101 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> for the past few months, i have been working full time in a rails shop
> using agile/TDD.. i have really come to value TDD, and would like to
> employ it on a fun project that i am currently starting in seaside..
>
> aside from unit testing built into smalltalk, are  there any other
> libraries for running tests in a web context (functional tests, not
> interface tests)? are there any libraries for mocking/stubbing? for
> quickly generating test fixtures (ala factory_girl)?
>
> thanks so much!
>
> --
> ----
> peace,
> sergio
> photographer, journalist, visionary
>
> http://www.CodingForHire.com
> http://www.coffee-black.com
> http://www.painlessfrugality.com
> http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
> http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Re: test driven development with seaside

sergio_101-2

> Why SUnit is not enough for you?

i am going to go through the book on this tonight.. i think my flaw in
thinking was that i will be testing by passing variables back and
forth via a web interface.. being continuation based, this isn't
something i need to consider in seaside..

> Try Mocketry http://www.squeaksource.com/Mocketry/.

perfect.. thanks..

> I don't know about any, but it's not part of TDD, isn't it? As well, as
> functional tests are not?

i am guessing that since we're not testing the interaction of a web
interface, we can just build objects for real, without having to make
factories..

--
----