test pragmas

Tudor Girba-3
Hi,

How can I mark a test as being an expected failure?

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"No matter how many recipes we know, we still value a chef."

Re: test pragmas

Damien Cassou
On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 12:24 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> How can I mark a test as being an expected failure?

you do not need a pragma. Instead, override #expectedFailures and
return an array of selectors.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: test pragmas

Adrian Lienhard
Actually it would make sense to use pragmas as the information gets
closer to the test. Any taker?

Adrian

On Sep 22, 2009, at 13:24 , Damien Cassou wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 12:24 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>> How can I mark a test as being an expected failure?
>
> you do not need a pragma. Instead, override #expectedFailures and
> return an array of selectors.
>
> --
> Damien Cassou
> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st
>
> "Lambdas are relegated to relative obscurity until Java makes them
> popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: test pragmas

Lukas Renggli
#expectedFailures could be implemented like this and we could support
strategies:

TestCase class>>expectedFailures
     ^ (Pragma allNamed: #expectedFailure from: self to: TestCase)
collect: [ :each | each selector ]

Lukas

2009/10/1 Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]>:

> Actually it would make sense to use pragmas as the information gets
> closer to the test. Any taker?
>
> Adrian
>
> On Sep 22, 2009, at 13:24 , Damien Cassou wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 12:24 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>> How can I mark a test as being an expected failure?
>>
>> you do not need a pragma. Instead, override #expectedFailures and
>> return an array of selectors.
>>
>> --
>> Damien Cassou
>> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st
>>
>> "Lambdas are relegated to relative obscurity until Java makes them
>> popular by not having them." James Iry

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: test pragmas

Stéphane Ducasse
I was thinking that we discuss with james foster and niall about a
versions for all the smalltalk in Suni3.3
Do you recall it lukas?

On Oct 1, 2009, at 10:07 PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> #expectedFailures could be implemented like this and we could support
> strategies:
>
> TestCase class>>expectedFailures
>     ^ (Pragma allNamed: #expectedFailure from: self to: TestCase)
> collect: [ :each | each selector ]
>
> Lukas
>
> 2009/10/1 Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]>:
>> Actually it would make sense to use pragmas as the information gets
>> closer to the test. Any taker?
>>
>> Adrian
>>
>> On Sep 22, 2009, at 13:24 , Damien Cassou wrote:

>>> you do not need a pragma. Instead, override #expectedFailures and
>>> return an array of selectors.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Damien Cassou
>>> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st
>>>
>>> "Lambdas are relegated to relative obscurity until Java makes them
>>> popular by not having them." James Iry

> Lukas Renggli
> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: test pragmas

Lukas Renggli
2009/10/1 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>:
> I was thinking that we discuss with james foster and niall about a
> versions for all the smalltalk in Suni3.3
> Do you recall it lukas?

Yeah, we listed the important features. Expected failures was one.
Being able to categorize tests was another one, but I don't remember
the other ones right now.

Cheers,
Lukas

--