tested AidaWeb in upcoming Squeak 4.1 release

tested AidaWeb in upcoming Squeak 4.1 release

Herbert König
Hi,

Good news:

Aida/Web loads on the upcoming 4.1 release.

There is one glitch in the tree like control flow demo.

Playing with the popup dialogs (especially the dialog on the other
dialog) makes this feature disfunctional.

My own app runs fine as far as I could test, except for some Umlauts
being transferred in a wrong way from 3.8. Umlauts generated in 3.10
or work fine.

Have to run to work now :-))

Cheers,

Herbert                          mailto:[hidden email]

Re: tested AidaWeb in upcoming Squeak 4.1 release

Janko Mivšek
Hi Herbert,

On 29. 03. 2010 07:08, Herbert König wrote:

> Good news:
>
> Aida/Web loads on the upcoming 4.1 release.

That's nice to hear, thanks!

> There is one glitch in the tree like control flow demo.
>
> Playing with the popup dialogs (especially the dialog on the other
> dialog) makes this feature disfunctional.

Hm, stackable popups worked in Squeak so far but on 4.1 not anymore?

> My own app runs fine as far as I could test, except for some Umlauts
> being transferred in a wrong way from 3.8. Umlauts generated in 3.10
> or work fine.
>
> Have to run to work now :-))

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web

Re: tested AidaWeb in upcoming Squeak 4.1 release

BrunoBB
> Hm, stackable popups worked in Squeak so far but on 4.1 not anymore?

Popups work fine under Squeak ?

Thanks for the info i thought it has a couple of bugs.

It seems that is my Dolphin version of AIDA which has the problem.

 From my latest mail:

I have a WebApplication which works fine under Mozilla.

But under Google Chrome i can not use commands buttons because it never
find the context.
So:
printWebPageFor: aRequest

      ctx := self findCreateOrSerializeContextFor: aRequest. "for posts and
ajax just find, never create. Req's context is also set"
      ctx  isNil ifTrue:
                [self halt. ^WebPage new addText: 'request for unknown or nonexistent
context!'; yourself].

The problem is that #findCreateOrSerializeContextFor: does not find the
context ONLY with Chrome.
It works in:
Mozilla.
Opera.
Internet Explorer.

The last question is how to force a web refresh in AIDA ?

Any idea ?

Regards,
Bruno

Re: tested AidaWeb in upcoming Squeak 4.1 release

Herbert König
Hi Janko,

>> There is one glitch in the tree like control flow demo.
>>
>> Playing with the popup dialogs (especially the dialog on the other
>> dialog) makes this feature disfunctional.

JM> Hm, stackable popups worked in Squeak so far but on 4.1 not anymore?
back from work ;-)

Actually I was only assuming it worked in Squeak. So I took a fresh
3.10.2 image and installed Aida.

The more detailed description is:
In Firefox 3.6.2 you can go on the Ajax demo page and click on
"Example: Popup window with Ajax content from server" (the first popup
demo). There you can click for another popup and close them one after
the other. This can be done several times.

But if the browser window is too small it looses its vertical
scrollbar (and the mouse wheel) so you can't do it several times as
the window scrolls to the top on opening the first popup. Unless you
reload the page.

With the "Example: Popup info dialog" (second popup demo) it also
works if the window is big enough but looses the scrollbar. And on
closing it, the browser shows a "request for unknown or nonexistent
context!" but no debugger in Squeak.

Same in Opera 10.51, except you can still scroll with the mouse wheel. And it
doesn't scroll up on opening the popups. The message in Opera is:
"04 Not Found
The server experienced an error while processing this request.
If this problem persists, please contact the webmaster.
Swazoo Smalltalk Web Server" .

While I'm at it:
IE 8.0.6001 looses scrollbar and mouse but doesn't scroll. But the
transparent background isn't put over the complete window. No error
message in full screen mode.

Ok so I went to aidaweb.si/demo.html (I assume VW) and it got more
confusing.

- No popup in IE, clicks just are ignored.
- No problems at all in Opera.
- No problems in FF

Seems popups generally need a bit more care.

Now back to a thorough test of my own app under 4.1.

Cheers,

Herbert                            mailto:[hidden email]

Re: tested AidaWeb in upcoming Squeak 4.1 release

Janko Mivšek
Hi Herbert, Bruno,

It seems that popups don't work well on Safari, because we have many
reports from GSoC users about problems with popups. Any help here is
greatly appreciated. I just don't have time, nor knowledge, how to debug
on Safari. Is there something like FireBug  too?

About popup causing crollbars to disappear, this problem is solved
thanks to help from Nico and it will come to forthcoming 6.1.

About 401 at some ajax requests, I experienced that recently by myself
too while working on ajaxified validation support. It could be related
to your one's too.

Best regards
Janko

On 29. 03. 2010 21:09, Herbert König wrote:

> Hi Janko,
>
>>> There is one glitch in the tree like control flow demo.
>>>
>>> Playing with the popup dialogs (especially the dialog on the other
>>> dialog) makes this feature disfunctional.
>
> JM> Hm, stackable popups worked in Squeak so far but on 4.1 not anymore?
> back from work ;-)
>
> Actually I was only assuming it worked in Squeak. So I took a fresh
> 3.10.2 image and installed Aida.
>
> The more detailed description is:
> In Firefox 3.6.2 you can go on the Ajax demo page and click on
> "Example: Popup window with Ajax content from server" (the first popup
> demo). There you can click for another popup and close them one after
> the other. This can be done several times.
>
> But if the browser window is too small it looses its vertical
> scrollbar (and the mouse wheel) so you can't do it several times as
> the window scrolls to the top on opening the first popup. Unless you
> reload the page.
>
> With the "Example: Popup info dialog" (second popup demo) it also
> works if the window is big enough but looses the scrollbar. And on
> closing it, the browser shows a "request for unknown or nonexistent
> context!" but no debugger in Squeak.
>
> Same in Opera 10.51, except you can still scroll with the mouse wheel. And it
> doesn't scroll up on opening the popups. The message in Opera is:
> "04 Not Found
> The server experienced an error while processing this request.
> If this problem persists, please contact the webmaster.
> Swazoo Smalltalk Web Server" .
>
> While I'm at it:
> IE 8.0.6001 looses scrollbar and mouse but doesn't scroll. But the
> transparent background isn't put over the complete window. No error
> message in full screen mode.
>
> Ok so I went to aidaweb.si/demo.html (I assume VW) and it got more
> confusing.
>
> - No popup in IE, clicks just are ignored.
> - No problems at all in Opera.
> - No problems in FF
>
> Seems popups generally need a bit more care.
>
> Now back to a thorough test of my own app under 4.1.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Herbert                            mailto:[hidden email]

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: tested AidaWeb in upcoming Squeak 4.1 release

BrunoBB
Hi Janko,

I'm finishing my application so i will try to solve the issue that i have
in my Dolphin version of AIDA.

If i have any news or i can solve something i will post here in the list.

Regards,
Bruno

> Hi Herbert, Bruno,
>
> It seems that popups don't work well on Safari, because we have many
> reports from GSoC users about problems with popups. Any help here is
> greatly appreciated. I just don't have time, nor knowledge, how to debug
> on Safari. Is there something like FireBug  too?
>
> About popup causing crollbars to disappear, this problem is solved
> thanks to help from Nico and it will come to forthcoming 6.1.
>
> About 401 at some ajax requests, I experienced that recently by myself
> too while working on ajaxified validation support. It could be related
> to your one's too.
>
> Best regards
> Janko
>

> On 29. 03. 2010 21:09, Herbert König wrote:
>> Hi Janko,

>> JM> Hm, stackable popups worked in Squeak so far but on 4.1 not anymore?
>> back from work ;-)
>>
>> Actually I was only assuming it worked in Squeak. So I took a fresh
>> 3.10.2 image and installed Aida.
>>
>> The more detailed description is:
>> In Firefox 3.6.2 you can go on the Ajax demo page and click on
>> "Example: Popup window with Ajax content from server" (the first popup
>> demo). There you can click for another popup and close them one after
>> the other. This can be done several times.
>>
>> But if the browser window is too small it looses its vertical
>> scrollbar (and the mouse wheel) so you can't do it several times as
>> the window scrolls to the top on opening the first popup. Unless you
>> reload the page.
>>
>> With the "Example: Popup info dialog" (second popup demo) it also
>> works if the window is big enough but looses the scrollbar. And on
>> closing it, the browser shows a "request for unknown or nonexistent
>> context!" but no debugger in Squeak.
>>
>> Same in Opera 10.51, except you can still scroll with the mouse wheel.
>> And it
>> doesn't scroll up on opening the popups. The message in Opera is:
>> "04 Not Found
>> The server experienced an error while processing this request.
>> If this problem persists, please contact the webmaster.
>> Swazoo Smalltalk Web Server" .
>>
>> While I'm at it:
>> IE 8.0.6001 looses scrollbar and mouse but doesn't scroll. But the
>> transparent background isn't put over the complete window. No error
>> message in full screen mode.
>>
>> Ok so I went to aidaweb.si/demo.html (I assume VW) and it got more
>> confusing.
>>
>> - No popup in IE, clicks just are ignored.
>> - No problems at all in Opera.
>> - No problems in FF
>>
>> Seems popups generally need a bit more care.
>>
>> Now back to a thorough test of my own app under 4.1.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Herbert                            mailto:[hidden email]

--
Usando el revolucionario cliente de correo de Opera:
http://www.opera.com/mail/

Re: tested AidaWeb in upcoming Squeak 4.1 release

Janko Mivšek
Thanks Bruno, eagerly waiting for a result.

Janko