testing the B3DAcceleratorPlugin on Mac OS X

testing the B3DAcceleratorPlugin on Mac OS X

Eliot Miranda-2

Hi All,

    I hope I've built the B3DAcceleratorPlugin for the 32-bit Mac Cocoa VMs.  B3DAcceleratorPlugin needs Carbon and QuickTime frameworks and so is linked against them and will only be available on 32-bits (until we can rewrite to avoid using the 32-bit only APIs).  But I need to test this.  What's a minimal Balloon demo I can load into a trunk image to test the plugin?  (URLs appreciated)

______,,,^..^,,,______
AdvThanksance, Eliot

Re: testing the B3DAcceleratorPlugin on Mac OS X

Bert Freudenberg

On Sun, Apr 30, 2017 at 7:21 PM, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi All,

    I hope I've built the B3DAcceleratorPlugin for the 32-bit Mac Cocoa VMs.  B3DAcceleratorPlugin needs Carbon and QuickTime frameworks and so is linked against them and will only be available on 32-bits (until we can rewrite to avoid using the 32-bit only APIs).  But I need to test this.  What's a minimal Balloon demo I can load into a trunk image to test the plugin?  (URLs appreciated)

This is the simplest:

OpenGL example

... after installing OpenGL using the Installer snippets at

The following might install something similar, but I did not test that:

Installer new merge: #openGL.

(I don't think anybody has tried to use Balloon3D in a recent image, we just use the plugin to set up an OpenGL context)

- Bert -

Re: testing the B3DAcceleratorPlugin on Mac OS X

timrowledge

> On 01-05-2017, at 8:46 AM, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> (I don't think anybody has tried to use Balloon3D in a recent image, we just use the plugin to set up an OpenGL context)

I tried it on a Pi not too long ago, with some small success and quite a few odd problems that I don’t much remember.

tim
Strange OpCodes: PWB: Put to Waste Basket