text selection feature

Michael Roberts-2
Hi, there is a recent (I don't know how old) feature where text areas
now highlight the selected text in all parts of the same text pane.
Does this feature have a name and a setting to control it?

thanks,
Mike

Re: [SPAM] text selection feature

Sven Van Caekenberghe
Micheal,

On 14 Feb 2011, at 22:40, Michael Roberts wrote:

> Hi, there is a recent (I don't know how old) feature where text areas
> now highlight the selected text in all parts of the same text pane.
> Does this feature have a name and a setting to control it?
>
> thanks,
> Mike

Try Settings >> Editing >> Use the secondary selection
There is also Settings >> Editing >> Show the colored bar on the current line

HTH,

Sven

Re: [SPAM] text selection feature

Alain Plantec-3
Hi Micheal

it is called secondary selection.
there is also the selection bar and the find replace selection.
You can disallow them individually or change the colors

Cheers
Alain

Le 14/02/2011 22:52, Sven Van Caekenberghe a écrit :

> Micheal,
>
> On 14 Feb 2011, at 22:40, Michael Roberts wrote:
>
>> Hi, there is a recent (I don't know how old) feature where text areas
>> now highlight the selected text in all parts of the same text pane.
>> Does this feature have a name and a setting to control it?
>>
>> thanks,
>> Mike
> Try Settings>>  Editing>>  Use the secondary selection
> There is also Settings>>  Editing>>  Show the colored bar on the current line
>
> HTH,
>
> Sven

Re: [SPAM] text selection feature

Michael Roberts-2