the squeak port...

1 message Options

the squeak port...

David Farber
...is now officially underway. i had hoped to tackle the port before
OOPSLA, but i had a client call me up and wave some money at me. that's the
official excuse anyway; as stupid as this may sound, i was sure that
squeak's chunk format was different from VW's and that i'd have to do some
funky transformation on the source file. so i put off starting the port
several times because i didn't know how i was going to even file in the
code. of course, i never just *tried* to file it in. at any rate, it turns
out that squeak can handle VW chunk just fine. so i have swazoo source from
sourceforge filed into squeak 2.7; 37 of the 73 tests run out of the box.
CharacterArray and IPSocketAddress don't exist in squeak, so i had to
define them before everything would file in cleanly.

Ken - earlier on the list you mentioned that you had a StreamingSocket
class that would make the squeak port go more easily. could you send that
to me?

thanks,
david

--