the we site does not point to the rc1 image/

the we site does not point to the rc1 image/

Stéphane Ducasse
can somebody fix it?

Re: the we site does not point to the rc1 image/

Adrian Lienhard
which link do you mean?

Adrian

On Oct 22, 2009, at 12:37 , Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> can somebody fix it?
>
> Stef

Re: the we site does not point to the rc1 image/

Stéphane Ducasse
ok I was wrong.
May be should change beta to Release Candidate in the heading.

stef

On Oct 22, 2009, at 18:14 , Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> ok I was wrong.
> May be should change beta to Release Candidate in the heading.

done
ADrian

> stef
>
> On Oct 22, 2009, at 1:58 PM, Adrian Lienhard wrote:
>
>> which link do you mean?
>>
>> Adrian
>>
>> On Oct 22, 2009, at 12:37 , Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>>
>>> can somebody fix it?
>>>
>>> Stef

New changes to Gofer

Fernando olivero
Hi, when loading Lumiere an deprecation warning comes up, seems that
the Flair configuration and gofer usage change significantly.

Gofer Seems to have a much more expresive protocol now! Great!

But could somebody provide examples on how to implement behavior in a
loader for

2.  commit to squeaksource some pacakges

Would be really helpfull to update Alien, AlienOpenGL, Lumiere loaders.

Fernando

Re: New changes to Gofer

Lukas Renggli
Check out the class comment of Gofer, which contains this blog post
<http://www.lukas-renggli.ch/blog/gofer>.

Cheers,
Lukas

2009/10/22 Fernando olivero <[hidden email]>:

> Hi, when loading Lumiere an deprecation warning comes up, seems that
> the Flair configuration and gofer usage change significantly.
>
> Gofer Seems to have a much more expresive protocol now! Great!
>
> But could somebody provide examples on how to implement behavior in a
> loader for

> 2.  commit to squeaksource some pacakges
>
> Would be really helpfull to update Alien, AlienOpenGL, Lumiere loaders.
>

> Fernando

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: New changes to Gofer

Lukas Renggli
This is the delta to older versions: Please note that I updated the
article to match the latest version of Gofer. Instead of just using
add: and let Gofer guess what you mean, you have to specify if the
string you provide is a package (addPackage:) or a version
(addVersion:). This gives predictable results and avoids various
problems that we encountered with different package naming
conventions.

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: New changes to Gofer

may be fernando you should have a look at Metacello
because it is used gofer and it will be the way to go soon :)
You can have a look at Glamour, Mondrian or MooseLoader as an example.

Stef

On Oct 22, 2009, at 8:34 PM, Fernando olivero wrote:

> Hi, when loading Lumiere an deprecation warning comes up, seems that
> the Flair configuration and gofer usage change significantly.
>
> Gofer Seems to have a much more expresive protocol now! Great!
>
> But could somebody provide examples on how to implement behavior in a
> loader for

> 2.  commit to squeaksource some pacakges
>
> Would be really helpfull to update Alien, AlienOpenGL, Lumiere
> loaders.
>

> Fernando

Re: New changes to Gofer

Then Alien will be part of the pharo core :)
this way we will be able to have access to platform widgets and more.

Stef
On Oct 22, 2009, at 8:34 PM, Fernando olivero wrote:

> Hi, when loading Lumiere an deprecation warning comes up, seems that
> the Flair configuration and gofer usage change significantly.
>
> Gofer Seems to have a much more expresive protocol now! Great!
>
> But could somebody provide examples on how to implement behavior in a
> loader for

> 2.  commit to squeaksource some pacakges
>
> Would be really helpfull to update Alien, AlienOpenGL, Lumiere
> loaders.
>

> Fernando

Re: New changes to Gofer

Tudor Girba
If you want to take a look at the Metacello configuration of Moose,
you can find it in the ConfigurationOfMoose package.

Cheers,
Doru

On 22 Oct 2009, at 20:40, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> may be fernando you should have a look at Metacello
> because it is used gofer and it will be the way to go soon :)
> You can have a look at Glamour, Mondrian or MooseLoader as an example.
>
> Stef
>
> On Oct 22, 2009, at 8:34 PM, Fernando olivero wrote:
>
>> Hi, when loading Lumiere an deprecation warning comes up, seems that
>> the Flair configuration and gofer usage change significantly.
>>
>> Gofer Seems to have a much more expresive protocol now! Great!
>>
>> But could somebody provide examples on how to implement behavior in a
>> loader for

>> 2.  commit to squeaksource some pacakges
>>
>> Would be really helpfull to update Alien, AlienOpenGL, Lumiere
>> loaders.
>>

>> Fernando

www.tudorgirba.com

"Beauty is where we see it."

Re: New changes to Gofer

Fernando olivero
Thanks for the advice!

I'll adapt the AlienLoader to the work with Metacello and post it when
its done.

Fernando

Il giorno Oct 22, 2009, alle ore 8:42 PM, Tudor Girba ha scritto:

> If you want to take a look at the Metacello configuration of Moose,
> you can find it in the ConfigurationOfMoose package.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 22 Oct 2009, at 20:40, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>> may be fernando you should have a look at Metacello
>> because it is used gofer and it will be the way to go soon :)
>> You can have a look at Glamour, Mondrian or MooseLoader as an
>> example.
>>
>> Stef
>>
>> On Oct 22, 2009, at 8:34 PM, Fernando olivero wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, when loading Lumiere an deprecation warning comes up, seems that
>>> the Flair configuration and gofer usage change significantly.
>>>
>>> Gofer Seems to have a much more expresive protocol now! Great!
>>>
>>> But could somebody provide examples on how to implement behavior
>>> in a
>>> loader for

>>> 2.  commit to squeaksource some pacakges
>>>
>>> Would be really helpfull to update Alien, AlienOpenGL, Lumiere
>>> loaders.
>>>

>>> Fernando

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Beauty is where we see it."

Re: the we site does not point to the rc1 image/

Mariano Martinez Peck
You can do the same in http://www.pharo-project.org/home

where it says "Current status: 1.0 beta"

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 3:00 PM, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Oct 22, 2009, at 18:14 , Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> ok I was wrong.
> May be should change beta to Release Candidate in the heading.

done
ADrian

> stef
>
> On Oct 22, 2009, at 1:58 PM, Adrian Lienhard wrote:
>
>> which link do you mean?
>>
>> Adrian
>>
>> On Oct 22, 2009, at 12:37 , Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>>
>>> can somebody fix it?
>>>
>>> Stef

Re: the we site does not point to the rc1 image/

Adrian Lienhard
right. thanks.

Adrian