there are still references to PluggableButtonMorphPlus

there are still references to PluggableButtonMorphPlus

Mariano Martinez Peck
I am in PharoCore 12066 and there are still references to PluggableButtonMorphPlus, which doesn't exist anymore:

1) MorphicToolBuilder >> buttonClass
    ^ PluggableButtonMorphPlus

is it ok to change it to

buttonClass
    ^ PluggableButtonMorph

?

2) UITheme >> newButtonIn: aThemedMorph for: aModel getState: stateSel action: actionSel arguments: args getEnabled: enabledSel getLabel: labelSel help: helpText

    |b|
    b := PluggableButtonMorphPlus
            on: aModel
            getState: stateSel
            action: actionSel
            label: labelSel.

is it ok to change it to

    |b|
    b := PluggableButtonMorph
            on: aModel
            getState: stateSel
            action: actionSel
            label: labelSel.

?

3) MorphicToolBuilderTests >> expectedFailures
    "Polymorph override of PluggableButtonMorphPlus>>update: makes color not being updated anymore in respond to sending #changed:. Was this an intentional change and this test is obsolete?"
    ^ #(testGetButtonColor)

I don't know how this one should be. But it should be updated, at least the class name.

Thanks

Mariano

Re: there are still references to PluggableButtonMorphPlus

Marcus Denker-4

On Jul 29, 2010, at 7:35 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> I am in PharoCore 12066 and there are still references to PluggableButtonMorphPlus, which doesn't exist anymore:

As much as I understand what Stef did with Gary is to start to merge all those many many button classes into one.
They removed all the *Plus ones, for example. The standard Pluggable one can now do what the Plus did.

> 1) MorphicToolBuilder >> buttonClass
>     ^ PluggableButtonMorphPlus
>
> is it ok to change it to
>
> buttonClass
>     ^ PluggableButtonMorph
>
> ?

yes, did that.

> 2) UITheme >> newButtonIn: aThemedMorph for: aModel getState: stateSel action: actionSel arguments: args getEnabled: enabledSel getLabel: labelSel help: helpText
>

>     |b|
>     b := PluggableButtonMorphPlus
>             on: aModel
>             getState: stateSel
>             action: actionSel
>             label: labelSel.

> is it ok to change it to
>
>     |b|
>     b := PluggableButtonMorph
>             on: aModel
>             getState: stateSel
>             action: actionSel
>             label: labelSel.
>
> ?

I did that.

> 3) MorphicToolBuilderTests >> expectedFailures
>     "Polymorph override of PluggableButtonMorphPlus>>update: makes color not being updated anymore in respond to sending #changed:. Was this an intentional change and this test is obsolete?"
>     ^ #(testGetButtonColor)
>

> I don't know how this one should be. But it should be updated, at least the class name.

Yes, the classname should be fixed.

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: there are still references to PluggableButtonMorphPlus

Stéphane Ducasse
marcus
can you update http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=2732

Stef