time library?

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

I am looking for a library that deals with time. Specifically, I am looking for things like:
- The concept of Period (not duration) that models an absolute time period
- Scripting possibilities like: 16 April, 2015 @ (3 pm + 15 minutes)

Do you know any effort in this direction?

Doru

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: time library?

camille teruel

On 16 Apr 2015, at 13:17, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I am looking for a library that deals with time. Specifically, I am looking for things like:
- The concept of Period (not duration) that models an absolute time period
- Scripting possibilities like: 16 April, 2015 @ (3 pm + 15 minutes)

Do you know any effort in this direction?

Maybe Chalten? <a href="http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr/Teaching/CoursAnnecy/0506-M1-COO/A New Object-Oriented Model of the Gregorian Calendar.pdf" class="">http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr/Teaching/CoursAnnecy/0506-M1-COO/A%20New%20Object-Oriented%20Model%20of%20the%20Gregorian%20Calendar.pdf

Camille

Doru

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: time library?

Paul DeBruicker
Chronos has Timeperiods & works in Pharo 1.3+, GemStone 2.3-3.2 and Squeak 4.3+

Timeperiod from: (Timepoint now) duration: (ScientificDuration minutes: 1)

http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Chronos/Chronos

Tudor Girba-2 wrote
Hi,

I am looking for a library that deals with time. Specifically, I am looking
for things like:
- The concept of Period (not duration) that models an absolute time period
- Scripting possibilities like: 16 April, 2015 @ (3 pm + 15 minutes)

Do you know any effort in this direction?

Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: time library?

camille teruel

On 16 Apr 2015, at 17:37, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> wrote:

Chronos has Timeperiods & works in Pharo 1.3+, GemStone 2.3-3.2 and Squeak
4.3+

Timeperiod from: (Timepoint now) duration: (ScientificDuration minutes: 1)

http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Chronos/Chronos

The website of the project looks a bit strange ;)

Tudor Girba-2 wrote
Hi,

I am looking for a library that deals with time. Specifically, I am
looking
for things like:
- The concept of Period (not duration) that models an absolute time period
- Scripting possibilities like: 16 April, 2015 @ (3 pm + 15 minutes)

Do you know any effort in this direction?

Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: time library?

Paul DeBruicker
Yeah its too bad Alan Lovejoy let the domain lapse.  Lots of good info there about the library.  Have t oget it through the wayback machine now:

https://web.archive.org/web/20110716103022/http://www.chronos-st.org/

camille teruel wrote
> On 16 Apr 2015, at 17:37, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Chronos has Timeperiods & works in Pharo 1.3+, GemStone 2.3-3.2 and Squeak
> 4.3+
>

> Timeperiod from: (Timepoint now) duration: (ScientificDuration minutes: 1)
>

> http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Chronos/Chronos <http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Chronos/Chronos>

The website of the project looks a bit strange ;)

> Tudor Girba-2 wrote
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am looking for a library that deals with time. Specifically, I am
>> looking
>> for things like:
>> - The concept of Period (not duration) that models an absolute time period
>> - Scripting possibilities like: 16 April, 2015 @ (3 pm + 15 minutes)
>>
>> Do you know any effort in this direction?
>>
>> Doru
>>
>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Every thing has its own flow"

Re: time library?

Paul DeBruicker
Also his blog has some more info about it:

http://chronos-st.blogspot.com/search/label/Chronos

Paul DeBruicker wrote