timeline for Etoys 4.1.3 (4.2?)

K K Subbu
Hi,

Is there a timeline plan for the next release of Etoys 4 for this summer?
Will it be a bug fix release (4.1.2) or will include features too?

I would like to get new features like Grab Flood tool, stencils and
silhouettes (see SQ-971) into the next feature release.

Regards .. Subbu

Re: timeline for Etoys 4.1.3 (4.2?)

Bert Freudenberg
On 10.01.2012, at 05:43, K. K. Subramaniam wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a timeline plan for the next release of Etoys 4 for this summer?

It would be good to have a new version in time for the next Sugar release:

        http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.96/Roadmap

Someone will have to step up and do it, though. I didn't have enough time in 2011, and this year will not be much different.

> Will it be a bug fix release (4.1.2) or will include features too?

It will be whatever is in the repository at that time. Depending on the features we need to decide what to call it. I think we have enough new things to call it 4.2.

> I would like to get new features like Grab Flood tool, stencils and
> silhouettes (see SQ-971) into the next feature release.

Sounds good.

- Bert -

Re: timeline for Etoys 4.1.3 (4.2?)

Karl Ramberg
This must be adapted for Etoy friendly.
Current version it is a menu option and not really accessible.

Maybe we should have a floating menu or some something that show all the screen grab tools

Karl

On Wednesday 11 Jan 2012 4:51:43 AM karl ramberg wrote:
> This must be adapted for Etoy friendly.
> Current version it is a menu option and not really accessible.
>
> Maybe we should have a floating menu or some something that show all the
> screen grab tools.
I will add a Grab Flood button alongside Grab Patch button in ObjectsTool. I
just haven't been able to it to the Supplies flap in the patch itself. Global
flaps are so intractable :-(.

Help anyone? .. Subbu

Re: timeline for Etoys 4.1.3 (4.2?)

Bert Freudenberg

On 11.01.2012, at 15:05, K. K. Subramaniam wrote:

> On Wednesday 11 Jan 2012 4:51:43 AM karl ramberg wrote:
>> This must be adapted for Etoy friendly.
>> Current version it is a menu option and not really accessible.
>>
>> Maybe we should have a floating menu or some something that show all the
>> screen grab tools.
> I will add a Grab Flood button alongside Grab Patch button in ObjectsTool. I
> just haven't been able to it to the Supplies flap in the patch itself. Global
> flaps are so intractable :-(.
>
> Help anyone? .. Subbu

1. edit defaultsQuadsDefiningPlugInSuppliesFlap
2. in flaps menu, "destroy all shared flaps", then "install olpc etoys flaps"

- Bert -

Re: timeline for Etoys 4.1.3 (4.2?)

Karl Ramberg

2012/1/11 K. K. Subramaniam <[hidden email]>
On Wednesday 11 Jan 2012 4:51:43 AM karl ramberg wrote:
> This must be adapted for Etoy friendly.
> Current version it is a menu option and not really accessible.
>
> Maybe we should have a floating menu or some something that show all the
> screen grab tools.
I will add a Grab Flood button alongside Grab Patch button in ObjectsTool. I
just haven't been able to it to the Supplies flap in the patch itself. Global
flaps are so intractable :-(.

Help anyone? .. Subbu

Look at how the Grab Patch is implemented on the class side.

Global instances are confusing because you often can't see how they are made or changed.

Like Bert said, WorldMenu / Flaps menu

Karl