tode: renaming package or ... ?

GLASS mailing list
Hi there,

I am searching for the easiest way to rename a package using ToDE.

The use case is that I need to create a new Grease-GemStone330-Core package, to make changes specific to GemStone 3.3+ in the original Grease-GemStone300-Core package.

Right now, I created a new package and I am manually moving the (luckily very few) methods and classes from Grease-GemStone300-Core to the new Grease-GemStone330-Core.

Is there an easier way? I tried going through all command of ToDE but just could not find anything better...

thx for any help
Johan

Re: tode: renaming package or ... ?

GLASS mailing list

On 10/07/2017 06:35 AM, Johan Brichau via Glass wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am searching for the easiest way to rename a package using ToDE.
I'm afraid that I haven't solved that problem (yet) in tODE ... Rename
package has historically been an issue for Monticello, since the rename
process actually involves touching each method and class involved in the
package as well as creating the appropriate package artifacts ...

> The use case is that I need to create a new Grease-GemStone330-Core package, to make changes specific to GemStone 3.3+ in the original Grease-GemStone300-Core package.
>
> Right now, I created a new package and I am manually moving the (luckily very few) methods and classes from Grease-GemStone300-Core to the new Grease-GemStone330-Core.
>
> Is there an easier way? I tried going through all command of ToDE but just could not find anything better...
Nope there are no easier methods for doing this although I I should
really write a rename package command for tODE ... actually it should
probably be called package copy, since the old package will not actually
be removed ... I've create a tODE issue with this request[1].

Right now I'm digging out from under the backlog of work that has
accumulated while working on the new indexing implementation for 3.4:(

Dale

[1] https://github.com/dalehenrich/tode/issues/294