[tode_st] A method that appears in the tode browser for a class gives an mnu when used from topaz or the tode shell eval command

[tode_st] A method that appears in the tode browser for a class gives an mnu when used from topaz or the tode shell eval command

Paul DeBruicker
Hi Dale,

        It seems like I cannot add methods to a class anymore.  I think its just this one class. If I logout and back in the method is still appears in the tODE browser for the class.  But it cannot be used.

I'm not sure what to try next at this point.  Method lookup works for some methods in the class but not new methods.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Paul

Re: [tode_st] A method that appears in the tode browser for a class gives an mnu when used from topaz or the tode shell eval command

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi Paul, It doesn't look like the case, but did you check if such a class does not have a history > 1 ?
You can easily check this from tODE console by doing `cls history` and see if that class is in that result.

Cheers,

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 2:49 PM, PAUL DEBRUICKER <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Dale,

        It seems like I cannot add methods to a class anymore.  I think its just this one class. If I logout and back in the method is still appears in the tODE browser for the class.  But it cannot be used.

I'm not sure what to try next at this point.  Method lookup works for some methods in the class but not new methods.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Paul

Re: [tode_st] A method that appears in the tode browser for a class gives an mnu when used from topaz or the tode shell eval command

Dale Henrichs-3
I guess I need more information about the class, the method, the stack
and anything else, so I can debug it ...

a ALT-SHIFT-P of your project list will give me information about the
versions of the various projects that you are using ... I guess GemStone
version would help as well ...

I've not seen this happen myself, so this is a new situation ...

Dale

On 3/21/16 10:49 AM, PAUL DEBRUICKER wrote:

> Hi Dale,
>
> It seems like I cannot add methods to a class anymore.  I think its just this one class. If I logout and back in the method is still appears in the tODE browser for the class.  But it cannot be used.
>
> I'm not sure what to try next at this point.  Method lookup works for some methods in the class but not new methods.
>

> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul

Re: [tode_st] A method that appears in the tode browser for a class gives an mnu when used from topaz or the tode shell eval command

Paul DeBruicker
Hi Mariano,

Thanks for the suggestion.  There is only one member in the class history list.

If in topaz I

set class Myclass

and then

list method: myMissingMethod

I get the listing of the method.

Pauls

Mariano Martinez Peck wrote
Hi Paul, It doesn't look like the case, but did you check if such a class
does not have a history > 1 ?
You can easily check this from tODE console by doing `cls history` and see
if that class is in that result.

Cheers,

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 2:49 PM, PAUL DEBRUICKER <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Dale,
>
>         It seems like I cannot add methods to a class anymore.  I think
> its just this one class. If I logout and back in the method is still
> appears in the tODE browser for the class.  But it cannot be used.
>
> I'm not sure what to try next at this point.  Method lookup works for some
> methods in the class but not new methods.
>

> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: [tode_st] A method that appears in the tode browser for a class gives an mnu when used from topaz or the tode shell eval command

Dale Henrichs-3
Mariano,

Good point ... in more recent versions of tODE, classes with class history are displayed with a [<index of class history>] next to it's name.

Paul, I assume that you are using a pretty recent version of tODE?

Dale

Hi Paul, It doesn't look like the case, but did you check if such a class does not have a history > 1 ?
You can easily check this from tODE console by doing `cls history` and see if that class is in that result.

Cheers,

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 2:49 PM, PAUL DEBRUICKER <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Dale,

        It seems like I cannot add methods to a class anymore.  I think its just this one class. If I logout and back in the method is still appears in the tODE browser for the class.  But it cannot be used.

I'm not sure what to try next at this point.  Method lookup works for some methods in the class but not new methods.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Paul

[tode_st] Re: A method that appears in the tode browser for a class gives an mnu when used from topaz or the tode shell eval command

Paul DeBruicker
This error happened because in Chronos I stored a class in a class var rather than haveing the class "looked up" each time it was used.