[tode_st] Are the different "notations" of "Projects" windows documented somewhere?

[tode_st] Are the different "notations" of "Projects" windows documented somewhere?

Mariano Martinez Peck
Dale,

It took me some time to figure out all the meanings of the 'project list' window. Is there a way we could add a "help" command or something that explains what is each? I am still not 100% sure about all of them. Look at the attached screenshot as an example.

| aProject |   ->  project is locked
* aProject    -> the project has been modified in local working copy
+ aProject  -> not sure.. maybe a git fork or branch ?
aProject       -> not sure... maybe BaselineOf or ConfigurationOf is loaded but not the project itself

Anyway..I think we can add this info somewhere.

Thoughts?

[tode_st] Re: Are the different "notations" of "Projects" windows documented somewhere?

Mariano Martinez Peck
I forgot the attach. Here it is.

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 12:31 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dale,

It took me some time to figure out all the meanings of the 'project list' window. Is there a way we could add a "help" command or something that explains what is each? I am still not 100% sure about all of them. Look at the attached screenshot as an example.

| aProject |   ->  project is locked
* aProject    -> the project has been modified in local working copy
+ aProject  -> not sure.. maybe a git fork or branch ?
aProject       -> not sure... maybe BaselineOf or ConfigurationOf is loaded but not the project itself

Anyway..I think we can add this info somewhere.

Thoughts?

Screen Shot 2015-10-14 at 12.28.07 PM.png (160K) Download Attachment

Re: [tode_st] Re: Are the different "notations" of "Projects" windows documented somewhere?

Dale Henrichs-3
BTW, I prefer to see the CMD-SHIFT-P pasted into a mail message rather than a screen shot because you get all of the information (the repo names are clipped in the screen shot) and I can copy and paste ... something that is impossible with a screen shot ...

Dale

I forgot the attach. Here it is.

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 12:31 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dale,

It took me some time to figure out all the meanings of the 'project list' window. Is there a way we could add a "help" command or something that explains what is each? I am still not 100% sure about all of them. Look at the attached screenshot as an example.

| aProject |   ->  project is locked
* aProject    -> the project has been modified in local working copy
+ aProject  -> not sure.. maybe a git fork or branch ?
aProject       -> not sure... maybe BaselineOf or ConfigurationOf is loaded but not the project itself

Anyway..I think we can add this info somewhere.

Thoughts?

Re: [tode_st] Are the different "notations" of "Projects" windows documented somewhere?

Dale Henrichs-3

Dale,

It took me some time to figure out all the meanings of the 'project list' window. Is there a way we could add a "help" command or something that explains what is each? I am still not 100% sure about all of them. Look at the attached screenshot as an example.

| aProject |   ->  project is locked
* aProject    -> the project has been modified in local working copy
+ aProject  -> not sure.. maybe a git fork or branch ?
aProject       -> not sure... maybe BaselineOf or ConfigurationOf is loaded but not the project itself

Anyway..I think we can add this info somewhere.
I suppose the place that this info belongs is in the `project list` man page ... I wish that there was markup language that I could use to produce instances of Text ... then the man pages could include color, bold and underline ....

I have an infinitely long todo list and there are a ton of things that need attention in tODE:(

Dale

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 2:30 PM, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dale,

It took me some time to figure out all the meanings of the 'project list' window. Is there a way we could add a "help" command or something that explains what is each? I am still not 100% sure about all of them. Look at the attached screenshot as an example.

| aProject |   ->  project is locked
* aProject    -> the project has been modified in local working copy
+ aProject  -> not sure.. maybe a git fork or branch ?
aProject       -> not sure... maybe BaselineOf or ConfigurationOf is loaded but not the project itself

Anyway..I think we can add this info somewhere.
I suppose the place that this info belongs is in the `project list` man page ...

Yes, I think as a first step I would add this info into the `project list` man page. That would be of help.

I wish that there was markup language that I could use to produce instances of Text ... then the man pages could include color, bold and underline ....

I have an infinitely long todo list and there are a ton of things that need attention in tODE:(

I know. I wish I could help more. But so far I am trying to help at least with reporting things and open tickets  so that we don't forget.
Do not take my comments as "ohh crap, we do not have XXX". But rather as a positive comment. Most of the things I report are not critical, I can live without them, and I can wait. I just want to report the issues so that we do not forget.

Re: [tode_st] Are the different "notations" of "Projects" windows documented somewhere?

Dale Henrichs-3

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 2:30 PM, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dale,

It took me some time to figure out all the meanings of the 'project list' window. Is there a way we could add a "help" command or something that explains what is each? I am still not 100% sure about all of them. Look at the attached screenshot as an example.

| aProject |   ->  project is locked
* aProject    -> the project has been modified in local working copy
+ aProject  -> not sure.. maybe a git fork or branch ?
aProject       -> not sure... maybe BaselineOf or ConfigurationOf is loaded but not the project itself

Anyway..I think we can add this info somewhere.
I suppose the place that this info belongs is in the `project list` man page ...

Yes, I think as a first step I would add this info into the `project list` man page. That would be of help.

perfect, thanks!

I wish that there was markup language that I could use to produce instances of Text ... then the man pages could include color, bold and underline ....

Nowhere have I seen or heard of an export as Smalltalk Text for Pillar ... and I think that question has been asked on mailing list and it seems that the answer was "no not yet"

I have an infinitely long todo list and there are a ton of things that need attention in tODE:(

I know. I wish I could help more. But so far I am trying to help at least with reporting things and open tickets  so that we don't forget.
Do not take my comments as "ohh crap, we do not have XXX". But rather as a positive comment. Most of the things I report are not critical, I can live without them, and I can wait. I just want to report the issues so that we do not forget.

I certainly understand appreciate that you are being conscientious and commenting and submitting issues for everything that you run into ... personally I have a couple of notebooks full of things I should do:)

Dale