[tode_st] Are the different "notations" of "Projects" windows documented somewhere?

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[tode_st] Are the different "notations" of "Projects" windows documented somewhere?

Mariano Martinez Peck
Dale, 

It took me some time to figure out all the meanings of the 'project list' window. Is there a way we could add a "help" command or something that explains what is each? I am still not 100% sure about all of them. Look at the attached screenshot as an example.

| aProject |   ->  project is locked
* aProject    -> the project has been modified in local working copy
+ aProject  -> not sure.. maybe a git fork or branch ?
aProject       -> not sure... maybe BaselineOf or ConfigurationOf is loaded but not the project itself

Anyway..I think we can add this info somewhere.

Thoughts?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "tODE" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
|

[tode_st] Re: Are the different "notations" of "Projects" windows documented somewhere?

Mariano Martinez Peck
I forgot the attach. Here it is. 

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 12:31 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dale, 

It took me some time to figure out all the meanings of the 'project list' window. Is there a way we could add a "help" command or something that explains what is each? I am still not 100% sure about all of them. Look at the attached screenshot as an example.

aProject       -> not sure... maybe BaselineOf or ConfigurationOf is loaded but not the project itself

Thoughts?

--

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "tODE" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].

Screen Shot 2015-10-14 at 12.28.07 PM.png (160K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: [tode_st] Re: Are the different "notations" of "Projects" windows documented somewhere?

Dale Henrichs-3
BTW, I prefer to see the CMD-SHIFT-P pasted into a mail message rather than a screen shot because you get all of the information (the repo names are clipped in the screen shot) and I can copy and paste ... something that is impossible with a screen shot ...

Dale

On 10/14/2015 08:53 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
I forgot the attach. Here it is. 

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 12:31 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dale, 

Thoughts?

--
--

--
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: [tode_st] Are the different "notations" of "Projects" windows documented somewhere?

Dale Henrichs-3
In reply to this post by Mariano Martinez Peck

On 10/14/2015 08:31 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
Dale, 

I suppose the place that this info belongs is in the `project list` man page ... I wish that there was markup language that I could use to produce instances of Text ... then the man pages could include color, bold and underline ....

I have an infinitely long todo list and there are a ton of things that need attention in tODE:(

Dale

--
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: [tode_st] Are the different "notations" of "Projects" windows documented somewhere?

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 2:30 PM, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dale, 

I suppose the place that this info belongs is in the `project list` man page ...

Yes, I think as a first step I would add this info into the `project list` man page. That would be of help. 

I wish that there was markup language that I could use to produce instances of Text ... then the man pages could include color, bold and underline .... 

I have an infinitely long todo list and there are a ton of things that need attention in tODE:(

I know. I wish I could help more. But so far I am trying to help at least with reporting things and open tickets  so that we don't forget. 
Do not take my comments as "ohh crap, we do not have XXX". But rather as a positive comment. Most of the things I report are not critical, I can live without them, and I can wait. I just want to report the issues so that we do not forget.

Cheers, 

--

--
Reply | Threaded
|

Dale Henrichs-3

On 10/15/2015 09:28 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 2:30 PM, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dale, 

I suppose the place that this info belongs is in the `project list` man page ...

Yes, I think as a first step I would add this info into the `project list` man page. That would be of help. 

perfect, thanks!

I wish that there was markup language that I could use to produce instances of Text ... then the man pages could include color, bold and underline .... 

Nowhere have I seen or heard of an export as Smalltalk Text for Pillar ... and I think that question has been asked on mailing list and it seems that the answer was "no not yet"

I know. I wish I could help more. But so far I am trying to help at least with reporting things and open tickets  so that we don't forget. 
Do not take my comments as "ohh crap, we do not have XXX". But rather as a positive comment. Most of the things I report are not critical, I can live without them, and I can wait. I just want to report the issues so that we do not forget.

I certainly understand appreciate that you are being conscientious and commenting and submitting issues for everything that you run into ... personally I have a couple of notebooks full of things I should do:)

Dale

--