[tode_st] Failed to add a MC repository

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi guys,

I tried:

mr add ' MCHttpRepository location: ''http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/marianopeck/MarianoSandbox/main'' user: ''XXX'' password: ''YYY'' '  Fuel

but I get:  Topez ERROR: a TodeCommandError occurred (error 121000), No package named 'location:' found.

I tried to scape the repository spec in many ways but I always failed. `man mr` says:

SYNOPSIS
  mr add <repository-spec> <package-name>

So it looks correct what I am doing.

Thanks in advance,

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: [tode_st] Failed to add a MC repository

Paul DeBruicker
just do a

mr add http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/marianopeck/MarianoSandbox/main

then

mr list

to see it in the list of repos.  right click it in the list and add your username/password.

Mariano Martinez Peck wrote

Hi guys,

I tried:

mr add ' MCHttpRepository location: ''
http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/marianopeck/MarianoSandbox/main'' user: ''XXX''
password: ''YYY'' '  Fuel

but I get:  Topez ERROR: a TodeCommandError occurred (error 121000), No
package named 'location:' found.

I tried to scape the repository spec in many ways but I always failed. `man
mr` says:

SYNOPSIS
  mr add <repository-spec> <package-name>

So it looks correct what I am doing.

Thanks in advance,

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: [tode_st] Failed to add a MC repository

Dale Henrichs-3

On Mon, Sep 1, 2014 at 12:29 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi guys,

I tried:

mr add ' MCHttpRepository location: ''http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/marianopeck/MarianoSandbox/main'' user: ''XXX'' password: ''YYY'' '  Fuel

but I get:  Topez ERROR: a TodeCommandError occurred (error 121000), No package named 'location:' found.

I tried to scape the repository spec in many ways but I always failed. `man mr` says:

SYNOPSIS
  mr add <repository-spec> <package-name>

So it looks correct what I am doing.

Not quite .... You are using a Smalltalk expression on the command line,  and a `repository-spec` is simply the url: http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/marianopeck/MarianoSandbox/main ...

There is no way to specify a username and password for the `mr commands`, but there should be[1]. To set a username and password, first use the `mr` command to add the repo:

the bring up the repository list for this repo:

  mr list Sandbox

And then use the "set username/password" menu item ...

Dale

Thanks in advance,

On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 9:35 AM, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

this should be:

... yes that is a bad name ... the `mr` and `mc` family of commands have not bee rewritten since I added getopts support and are due to be revamped ... you aren't the first person to get confused by the poor choice of names...