[tode_st] How do you run tests?

Mariano Martinez Peck
Dale,

I first tried the UI of the test runner, which looked a bit limited for what I wanted to do (run all tests of a class). So then I found:

ts run MyClassTests

It would be nice to have a "Run all from class" from UI.

Anyway, I now cannot run tests for a category. For example something like this:

ts run 'MyPackage-Core-Tests'

Is there a way?

Thanks,

Re: [tode_st] How do you run tests?

Dale Henrichs-3
Well let's see.

On 10/14/2015 02:48 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
> Dale,
>
> I first tried the UI of the test runner, which looked a bit limited
> for what I wanted to do (run all tests of a class). So then I found:
I'm not sure what you mean by `test runner`. If you do `man test` you
will see the list of `test` options:

   test [--batch] class <class-name> [ <class-name> ... ]
   test [--batch] image
   test [--batch] package <package-name>
   test [--batch] project <configuration-base-name>

I don't recommend using the `ts` family of commands, since they were
among the earliest commands written (pre-dating the list gui and menus) ...

> ts run MyClassTests
>
> It would be nice to have a "Run all from class" from UI.
Yes it would ... another item on my infinite todo list ... every single
area you visit at the moment will not be polished as I have been
focusing on breadth rather than depth ... putting GsDevKit_home behind
me will free up time to make first and/or second passes through the
areas that need attention the most ... assigning a priority to these
problems requests will help me manage my time ...

> Anyway, I now cannot run tests for a category. For example something
> like this:
>
> ts run 'MyPackage-Core-Tests'
>
> Is there a way?
The closest I can come to the run tests in a category is `test package`
... which is pretty close... but if you need to have category resolution
real bad, I can add it pretty quickly

Dale

Re: [tode_st] How do you run tests?

Mariano Martinez Peck
Dale,

My problem was that I was using th ts command. Once I figured out I should be actually using 'test', then I found out I have everything I need.
I wonder if we should continue having 'ts' command in the man page..

Thanks Dale!