[tode_st] How to use Tode for an already existing stone?

[tode_st] How to use Tode for an already existing stone?

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi Dale,

I am trying to use Tode for an already existing stone (not created vis gsDevKit). I evaluated the TDSessionDescription expression and do the export

exportTo: TDShell sessionDescriptionHome.

Now my stone appears in the stone list. However, test login fails with a

Error running testLogin:
The gci library 'libgcirpc-3.2.0-32' for GemStone version '3.2.0'
was not found in the expected location 'tODE_3.1.app/Contents/MacOS/Plugins/'.
Please double check that the GemStone version is correct.
It may be necessary to download a copy of 'libgcirpc-3.2.0-32' for

Which is strange, because the stone I am trying here is 3.1.0.4 and in fact, I do have libgcirpc-3.1.0.4-32.dylib in plugins folder.

Then I try to open a shell, and the shell opens. But then I try, for example, anything (for example `browse packages` I get Error: External module not found.  The same if I try to "install Tode".

Strange...because I opened the tode image in the same way (`todeClient`). And in fact, for another stone I created via gsDevKit it works....

Any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks,

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: [tode_st] How to use Tode for an already existing stone?

Dale Henrichs-3

On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 1:40 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Dale,

I am trying to use Tode for an already existing stone (not created vis gsDevKit). I evaluated the TDSessionDescription expression and do the export

exportTo: TDShell sessionDescriptionHome.

Now my stone appears in the stone list. However, test login fails with a

Error running testLogin:
The gci library 'libgcirpc-3.2.0-32' for GemStone version '3.2.0'
was not found in the expected location 'tODE_3.1.app/Contents/MacOS/Plugins/'.
Please double check that the GemStone version is correct.
It may be necessary to download a copy of 'libgcirpc-3.2.0-32' for

Which is strange, because the stone I am trying here is 3.1.0.4 and in fact, I do have libgcirpc-3.1.0.4-32.dylib in plugins folder.

I would like to see your sessionDescription ... There is a `gemstoneVersion: ` field that needs to be set to: '3.1.0.4' and an `ls` of your Plugins folder...

Then I try to open a shell, and the shell opens. But then I try, for example, anything (for example `browse packages` I get Error: External module not found.  The same if I try to "install Tode".

'External module' is  the error you get when the .dylib file is not being found...

Strange...because I opened the tode image in the same way (`todeClient`). And in fact, for another stone I created via gsDevKit it works....

I'd like to see the session description for the stone that did work and the one that did not ...

Dale

On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 5:47 PM, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Thanks Dale, you nailed it. Indeed, it said 3.2. Now...what I did is to take my GemTools piece of connection and surrounded with the export:

(OGStandardSessionDescription new
name: 'mariano';
stoneHost: 'localhost';
stoneName: 'mariano';
gemHost: 'localhost';
netLDI: '40001';
userId: 'marianopeck';
password: 'xxx';
backupDirectory: '/opt/gemstone/product/seaside/data/backups/';
yourself) exportTo: TDShell sessionDescriptionHome.

But then, when I edit it, I see it has been modified now, and it included the  `gemstoneVersion: `  and a few other things. So I guess the problem is it had to guess which stone was it and I got 3.2.

Then I try to open a shell, and the shell opens. But then I try, for example, anything (for example `browse packages` I get Error: External module not found.  The same if I try to "install Tode".

'External module' is  the error you get when the .dylib file is not being found...

Strange...because I opened the tode image in the same way (`todeClient`). And in fact, for another stone I created via gsDevKit it works....

I'd like to see the session description for the stone that did work and the one that did not ...

Now I am trying to install tode on that stone, via tODE install, but I get a

Error: Error while installing tODEa UserDefinedError occurred (error 2318), reason:halt, Name not found: Base

Note that I have updated the stone with 9.3 beta, glass1 etc...so I should have everything up to date.

mmm strange. will debug later, but if you have a tip...

cheers,

Dale

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: [tode_st] How to use Tode for an already existing stone?

Dale Henrichs-3
Mariano,

This sounds exactly like an error that was reported earlier this morning[14] I haven't had time to look into it yet (trying to put a dent in email backlog:) ... I haven't seen this particular failure mode before ...

I'm starting the configu work now, so I'll fire off a tODE build and see what happens ...

Dale

[...]

Let's move this conversation to the Issue #14 thread[1] ... I have some thoughts and comments that will apply to both of you and I'm not sure that Marc is on this mailing list ...

Dale