[tode_st] enable/disable GT actions/menu items

[tode_st] enable/disable GT actions/menu items

Dale Henrichs-3
Stephan and/or Doru,

I'm trying to convert the tODE menuActionSpecs into menus in the Minimal
tODE Debugger and I cannot figure out out to specify that a menu item
may be temporarily disabled (based on which object is selected)

I don't think I'm actually using this feature in the debugger, but it
_is_ a "feature" of tODE and I anticipate creating a minimal `project
list` and it does leverage this capability.

Thanks in advance,

Dale

Re: [tode_st] enable/disable GT actions/menu items

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

Glamour does not offer support for disabling actions, but you can define a dynamic menu based on the current selection (GLMPresentation>>dynamicActionsOnSelection:)

Cheers,
Doru

> On Apr 27, 2016, at 8:31 PM, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Stephan and/or Doru,
>
> I'm trying to convert the tODE menuActionSpecs into menus in the Minimal tODE Debugger and I cannot figure out out to specify that a menu item may be temporarily disabled (based on which object is selected)
>
> I don't think I'm actually using this feature in the debugger, but it _is_ a "feature" of tODE and I anticipate creating a minimal `project list` and it does leverage this capability.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Dale

www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Some battles are better lost than fought."

Re: [tode_st] enable/disable GT actions/menu items

Dale Henrichs-3
Thanks for the quick response ... I guess I was afraid of that:) I was
already using the dynamicActionOnSelection: variant, because the menus
are based on a menuSpec in the client element, so dynamic menu creation
is the "way tODE builds menus".

Radically changing menu structure can be disconcerting (to me at least),
but then I am an old dog:)

Are there plans to eventually support disabled actions or is that just
against the "rules"?

As I think about this, I suppose I can try using Gray text and add
conditions to the action block to simulate a disabled menu item ...

Can I use Text for the action labels?

Dale

On 04/27/2016 11:37 AM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Glamour does not offer support for disabling actions, but you can define a dynamic menu based on the current selection (GLMPresentation>>dynamicActionsOnSelection:)
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

>> On Apr 27, 2016, at 8:31 PM, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Stephan and/or Doru,
>>
>> I'm trying to convert the tODE menuActionSpecs into menus in the Minimal tODE Debugger and I cannot figure out out to specify that a menu item may be temporarily disabled (based on which object is selected)
>>
>> I don't think I'm actually using this feature in the debugger, but it _is_ a "feature" of tODE and I anticipate creating a minimal `project list` and it does leverage this capability.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Dale
>>

>> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
> www.feenk.com
>
> "Some battles are better lost than fought."

Re: [tode_st] enable/disable GT actions/menu items

Dale Henrichs-3
Ah .. it looks like I can indeed pass in Gray text (and disable the
action), so that's cool ... BTW, love the way that the shortcut keys are
automatically documented on the menu ...

Dale