[tode_st] first cut at Minimal tODE API is complete

[tode_st] first cut at Minimal tODE API is complete

Dale Henrichs-3
Stephan and Doru,

... at least the tODE code is complete ... I've got some GsDevKit_home
support scripts that need to be merged into the master (keep an eye on
the glass mailing list for the release announcement), then I've got to
write up a little documentation about how to work with the Minimal tODE
API --- a doc in the tODE project --- and then I will merge this work
into the master tODE project branch and then you can take it for a spin ...

Dale

[tode_st] Re: first cut at Minimal tODE API is complete

Dale Henrichs-3
Stephan and Doru,

... and the PR has been merged[1].

The doc on the Minimal tODE API[2] has a section on installation[3] that
includes creating a suitable stone and a Pharo5.0 client ready to log
into GsDevKit_home stones; and a section that includes example code for
exercising parts of the API from the client[4].

The tests (~25 of them)[5] can be harvested for additional example code
... I've deferred testing some of the more obscure server-to-client
callbacks, but I think there is definitely enough there for you to start
working on an object inspector window (if that is your first goal) ....

I think it's probably a good idea to simply wrap the existing client
element with your GUI to start waith --- there's a menu spec that I can
describe in detail in addition to an `on-list-item-clicked` block that
triggers object navigation ---

I realize that these two areas are probably where your GUI will probably
depart from the "standard tode gui" but being able to handle standard
list client elements and source client elements (examples in tests)
would be useful to be compatible with some of the simpler windows that
truly are pretty much single pane tools ...

There are also tests for the standard set of dialogs that tODE uses:
notify, confirm, choice, inform, multli-text, text, and password ...

Let me know if you have trouble with the installation or examples or ???

Dale

[1] https://github.com/dalehenrich/tode/pull/254
[2] https://github.com/dalehenrich/tode/blob/master/docs/MinimalTodeAPI.md
[3]
https://github.com/dalehenrich/tode/blob/master/docs/MinimalTodeAPI.md#installation
[4]
https://github.com/dalehenrich/tode/blob/master/docs/MinimalTodeAPI.md#minimal-tode-api-1
[5] https://travis-ci.org/dalehenrich/tode/jobs/124601318#L1825

On 04/20/2016 10:16 AM, Dale Henrichs wrote:

> Stephan and Doru,
>
> ... at least the tODE code is complete ... I've got some GsDevKit_home
> support scripts that need to be merged into the master (keep an eye on
> the glass mailing list for the release announcement), then I've got to
> write up a little documentation about how to work with the Minimal
> tODE API --- a doc in the tODE project --- and then I will merge this
> work into the master tODE project branch and then you can take it for
> a spin ...
>
> Dale

[tode_st] Re: first cut at Minimal tODE API is complete

Stephan Eggermont-3
Thanks Dale,

I'll let you know.

Stephan

Re: [tode_st] Re: first cut at Minimal tODE API is complete

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi Dale,

Besides the work of Stephan and Doru, I think this refactor that you just finished makes sense from every possible angle. It's worth just by itself.

Thanks!